Gift

As we were close-by the hideout, I landed my clay bird. Looking at the sky..it'll be dark soon. We better hurry, sunset is almost here. I and Tobi walked towards the hideout, unsure if any of the other members will be there. As we reached a big tree, my eyes darted towards the rock that covered an entrance. That must be it. I tapped on the rock, hearing that there was a gap behind it. I nodded at Tobi knowing that this is the one that will open up a hole that leads towards a door.

"This has to be it.." I said to Tobi, nodding as he goes forward to observe the door. Tobi unlocked the main entrance using his ring instead of his hand, which was much different from the last hideout. Using our rings, we pressed it against the wall and enabled excess for us to enter. Luckily I remembered what Zetsu told us about this west hideout. It is an open area so we have to be very careful while entering.

Suddenly I heard rustling in a bush nearby, without noticing, Tobi took out a Kunai knife and threw it at the bush. A rabbit ran out and I sighed, so we both get paranoid after ninja attacks. We continued our way into the entrance.

As we entered, we realized nobody was there. It was empty, dusty even. What a wreck this place is, I thought as I entered."They could've prepared the hideout for us...it would've been a little more welcoming hmm.." I said, rolling my eyes as I trace my fingers against the walls, noticing how dusty it was.

"You're not the guest of Honor, Deidara" Zetsu said, coming out of the ceiling of the hideout. I looked up at him, unamused. "Thank you for the warm welcome, Zetsu...hm..." I said sarcastically as I walked towards my room. Which is basically any room. That's how these hideouts work."I have to go soon.." Zetsu announced before I went in. "Have a safe journey bye bye" I said lazily as I close the door and hopping onto my bed.

As I lied down, I thought about Itachi's request. To stay away from Sasuke. Is it really necessary? Why can't I just go kill him? Right here right now...These Ucihas always messing my head up. Just as I was thinking about things, I could hear footsteps approaching my room.

"Deidara.." Obito knocked, my eyes shifted to the door. My thoughts have been clouding me all day that I really had no energy to talk to Obito.

"Can I come in?" he asked, tapping his finger on the door as it slowly opens. Our eyes met and he gave me a warm smile. I looked back up the ceiling, staring at nothing.

"I have something for you.." Obito said, taking out something. I looked at him as he places a small necklace in my hand. The necklace was a pendant, or maybe a stone. It's nothing I've ever seen before. "What is this?" I asked, looking up at Tobi.

"It's a necklace for you" he smiled, as I looked down on it again. It's beautiful, it really was. "What stone is this?" I asked, bringing it closer to my face, observing it.

"Painite" Obito said, as he grabbed the necklace back and begged me for him to put it on. "You want to put it on for me?" I asked, surprised and blushing. He nodded and he stood up, I guess it's no big deal. I turned around and zipped off the front, revealing my back and neck. The cold pendant lay on my neck as Obito put it on for me. As I turned around Obito looked happy.

"It looks good on you.." He said, smiling.

"Where did you get this from anyway?" I asked as I went to grab hold of the pendant. He panicked for a bit before he let out an awkward laugh. "Well about that....I stole it"

"You what?"

"It was before I met you," He said, quickly. "I wanted to give it to someone I really cared for.." he said and then he looked up at me. "Turns out my path for love is switched and..that person is now you Deidara," He said, smiling at me as he held my hand.

"You loved someone before?" I asked him, looking into his eyes. He looked back at me and nodded, his eyes filled with sadness.

"Rin.." he said, quietly.

Rin? Is that her name?

"I liked her a whole lot, but I was a fool...I wasn't enough for her, her feelings developed stronger for someone else who is much more skilled..." Obito said, now looking down. "I asked him to promise me that he will protect her...but Rin is gone...I lost her"

"That's why...I don't want to lose you...Deidara.." He said as he cups my face. "After her, I felt as though love was impossible...but then I saw you and..you don't remind me of Rin, you're a whole other person and it's weird how I love you, but I do hope you feel the same way," Obito said as he hugged me, his embrace warm and securing.

My eyes were wide open as I heard of this confession, feeling sorry for Obito. I have never had anyone I liked before, my art felt like my only true love ever since I started, but I know that I'm starting to feel the same way Obito does. I'm sure if Rin was still alive, she would've loved Obito too, considering how he is such a beautiful person inside and out despite his silly ways.

"I don't want to lose you too..." I confessed quietly as I closed my eyes, enjoying the comforting moment. I pulled away and looked at Obito, yes, I'm sure of it now. I know how I feel about Obito, I smiled as I held onto the necklace.

"I love you too, Obito.."

His eyes widen as he smiles at me, his eyes glitter as he looks back. Before I realize it, tears were streaming down his face. I panicked a little as I looked at him.

"WAIT DON'T CRY..."

"I can't hold it in Deidara.." he said wiping off his tears. This guy is actually a soft person, deep down that dark heart of his, he has a little bit of light. As I saw Obito continue to wipe his tears, I realized how glad I am to finally confess my emotions towards him. At the point where I am very sure about how I feel. He smiled as he looked down, then he looks up at me, looking as if he has something to say to me. 

"Thank you.." he whispered to me, grateful that I return the same feelings towards him.