Request

Every separation process left us tired and drained, it's truly a wonder how Pain manages all of these sessions using his chakra since the main connectivity between all of us belongs to him. Without him, our waves couldn't even be communicated or changed into chakra. My biggest guess is that is the power of the Rinnegan.

"Pain...Konan.." I called out after every member left the communication wave. Drops of sweat forming on my forehead, showing signs of exhaustion. They looked at me, both looking normal, not exhausted at all. These two and their chakra. It's amusing.

"What is it Deidara?" Pain asked, his voice giving out a hint of tiresome. I already made it this far for a request, I can't back out now.

"DEIDARA SENPAI" Tobi called our, waving towards me. He was still on the Gedo Statue's finger, waving at me. I looked at him for a second before turning my attention back to Pain.

"Senpai lets go out until our next mission," he said, still full of energy after the separation process. Where does this guy get his energy from? I need whatever he's on.

"Can we have a private meeting?" I requested to Pain, who looked at Konan. Konan nodded and gestured for me to start transporting my communication waves into chakra. Before i knew it, we all three were in a dark room, of course, this is only mentally. Physically my body is still on the Gedo statue, sitting peacefully in a meditating position.

"I need a new partner..hm" I blurted out. My eyes looking at them both, a serious look planted on my face.

Konan and Pain looked at me as if disappointed. "I know that you and Tobi aren't much of a pair-" Konan started only to get cut off by Pain. "You two are not a match at all" Pain said, rather truthfully. I looked back at him, is he going to approve the switch? Am I getting a new member?

"But Deidara.." he continued

"It's your duty as an Akatsuki member, rest assured after we have collected all these tailed beasts, we won't need two-man squads anymore," Pain said, looking at me directly in the eye.

Konan shrugged and nodded, agreeing with Pain who has probably said it rather more honest than she ever could. Konan is an angel who sometimes sugar coats her words, but in situations like this, it's better to be upfront with the truth. Especially with someone like me.

I looked down towards my hands, I looked at my Akatsuki ring, the teal ring that has the word blue written on it, Pain is right. It's my duty. This is my duty. The faster it ends, the faster I get to stay away from Tobi.

"I understand, hm.." I said in a low understanding voice, I can't exactly pick up a fight with our leader now, can I? I hate agreeing with people but when it comes to things like this I feel like it's necessary.

"If that is all, we shall be leaving" Konan announced and I snapped back into my body.

Well, that didn't go as planned.

"DEIDARA SENPAI"

I turned and looked at Tobi, raising my eyebrow. "Let's go out Deidara Senpai," he said, pointing towards the hideout door excitedly. "It's almost nighttime, shouldn't you be asleep Tobi?" I said, getting down from the Gedo Statue's Finger.

"I want to show you this place," Tobi said, whining as he begs for me to say yes. He's making this look like a date and it's embarrassing.

"Tobi I'm actually pretty tire-" I said as I walked past him and stopped halfway before walking towards my room. I leaned back against the cave wall and crossed my arms, trying to show Tobi that I'm not going to say yes. I closed my eyes and continued my sentence, "Besides, I had this really nice dream I hope I can contin-"

The sound of stone crackling as Tobi's hands pressed against the wall behind me cut me off, I open my eyes to see him right in front of me, towering me and his whole body leaning towards me. I didn't hear him move, that's impossible. I place my right hand on his shoulder with the intention of pushing him off, but I just can't. I couldn't move my hand.

"Deidara Senpai," Tobi said, standing really close to me. I could feel my face burning up as nobody really ever stood this close to me before, I hate this feeling. I never realized how much taller Tobi was, he was actually 6' whereas I am only 5'5. I wanted to push him off but I couldn't, my knees grew weak as Tobi towers over me.

I want him to stay away, don't get this close to me. I feel like I want to bomb him but I can't even move my hands to push him away.

"Okay.." I agreed, looking up at my hand on his shoulder which is still are unable to move. Is it my body or is it that I'm under some sort of Genjutsu, or is this a paralysis Jutsu. I can't tell at all.

"GREAT" Tobi squealed, grabbing onto my hand and holding it for a minute before saying "I promise I'll make it special for you Deidara Senpai"

Soon after he let go of my hand and ran off towards his room. "I'll come to your room later senpai," he said as he waved at me hysterically. This guy's energy.

What did I just agree to? Is this a date?

"Its a date!" he yelled before disappearing into his room. My heart jumped, what the fuck, no this is NOT a date.

"Oi Tobi.." I started and stopped. Its no use, he won't listen to me now. Plus it is not a date like he says it is, he was just joking. I have to stop taking him so seriously.

"Just let the freak be..hm," I said to myself, muttering under my breath as I walk towards my room.

As I walked into my room I leaned on my door and thought about how close Tobi was to me just now, it was too close it became uncomfortable for me, but it also somehow felt right. My body was unable to move because I didn't want him to go away but I also didn't want him too close.

I hate to think about it, but there's something really attractive about Tobi that I just can't pinpoint. But at the same time, I find him extremely annoying, even unbearable at some point, with his childish demeanour and excitement for everything.

Another thing is, what's even my sexuality? I remember how my attraction towards Hidan was when he first joined, the Jashinist was undoubtedly good looking, his silver hair slicked back and his eyes, rare in a dark magenta colour. But that was a 3-minute attraction, maybe it was because after that he looked at me and winked, and I hate being flirted with.

I've been on my art for so long I haven't figured out much about myself. What's my favourite colour or my favourite snack. I don't know of it myself. The drive obsession of my art makes me lack knowledge about myself, or maybe I can try to figure it out when I'm not practising on my sculptures. Maybe I can do all that with Tobi?

No, Deidara what are you thinking? This is the guy you want to get rid of remember? Remember the plan. Finish your job. Get away from him. That's all you have to do.

This isn't a date, he's just taking you somewhere crappy to annoy you then you're going to make him run a few miles while you attempt to bomb him. That's all that is going to happen.

I'm hopeful of it.