I'm Here

Time is ticking as it always is.

I can't help but feel like

I'm too late

Am I running out of time?

I don't know

As I flew towards the sound of the initial roar, which was as loud as it could ever be, I've been hit with multiple attacks, though this isn't a concern for me because I've learned that although as a reanimation that is facing dispersion, I can still regenerate when I get hit. However the cracks all over my body remain, so my skin when reanimated after an attack isn't exactly like the way it was when I first got reanimated. As time went on, the dispersion cracks started to increase by size and number: I'll be gone in no time if this goes on.

The attacks are not in my favor either just because I'm reanimated, the attacks are large-scaled and far ranged, so it affected my clay bird multiple times, completely destroying it while I regenerate from time to time. Smoke in the air, the blast of fires from both sides which are attacking one another. My heart just hopes that Obito is okay.

Aside from that, from a distance I could hear a lot of fighting as well. It seems like there are soldiers there, it's not just us. I wonder if the other reanimations managed to do a lot of damage.

What is this fucking thing? The 10 tails? I watched as explosions go off one after another, it seems like it wasn't just Obito, but attacks from the enemies are harsh as well.

"Deidara..."

My consciousness spoke, that voice. Itachi?

"I'm giving you time, before I carry out my part, I'm going to be putting an end to this reanimation"

Itachi...so this was his plan...

I opened my mouth to say something but quickly closed it, realizing that Itachi probably can't hear me. God damn it Itachi, for the love of god just for once don't go on to do spontaneous things.

I let out a sigh as I looked forward, noticing the air got denser as I entered. This is definitely enemy territory, the aura, this atmosphere. This is where death begins.

"Taking much of a hit will cause you more damage, Deidara..."

I heard a voice behind me, I turned and saw Zetsu, his body peaking out of the clay bird. "Zetsu... what are yo-" before I had the chance to finish my sentence, the clay bird started to turn black and cracked bit by bit. The wings of the bird started to harden as I notice the pressure in the air dropping.

What? is happening.

"Plants absorb nutrients, you know that don't you? Deidara?" Zetsu said as I felt his hands grab both of mine, putting them behind my back and pushing me down. "Z-Zetsu...let go of me.." I yelled as I felt the wind rushing up my face, we are definitely falling right now. "You're dispersing already Deidara...give it up..." He said as his eyes scanned my cracked hands, which are now even further dispersed.

"I can't let you ruin...Madara's plan..."

Madara? Madara who?

"Madara Uchiha will rule the entirety of this existing world..." he said as his grip tightened and the weight of pressure against my hand increased. I never knew Zetsu to be so strong, but after absorbing the nutrients from my clay, it seems like his strength has now gotten to a new level. But I can't just let Zetsu hold me down here. I have to do something.

"Deidara, do you think Obito really loves you? He's using you" Zetsu said into my ear, his voice evil and convincing. "You have a powerful technique, the explosion release Kekkei Genkai, you were reckless enough to steal a forbidden Jutsu...you have everything that he needs..."

Obito doesn't love you

Using you

Everything he needs.

Parts of Zetsu's words rang in my mind as I felt a slight pain in my heart. Deep down I've always doubted that I could ever be loved, but, is this true? Did Obito love me at all?

All of a sudden I pictured Obito's face, his kind smile, his gentle touch, I am reminded of the way he touches my face and tells me that he loves me.

Zetsu's words now echoed and faded into my mind, the things Obito used to say now rings in my thoughts.

I'll protect you

Please stay alive, for my sake

I love you, Deidara

All these memories; coming back. The look on his face when he realizes I didn't remember our memories. For fuck's sake Deidara, wake up. Obito loves you with everything he has, this mad war, all because he wants to be in a world where you exist. A world where you are there with him. He's sacrificing his reality, in order to live in a Genjutsu where you and him can finally be together.

Don't get manipulated by this Aloe Vera prick.

"Well that's too bad then..."

I said as a smirk formed on my face. I looked back at Zetsu, who now looks angry at the look on my face. I looked back at him and said "Zetsu, how do plants look after they explode?"

"What..." He asked, confused as his eyes moved around his body, trying to figure out where I placed the bomb. Jokes on him.

As he had his guard down, I pushed him back and Zetsu fell against the clay bird. In a swift motion, I grabbed his neck and covered his mouth with my hand, the sound of mini bombs dropping into his mouth could be heard. Zetsu struggled and muffled, I watched as the sides of his mouth poke out, indicating that his mouth was filled with my mini bombs.

My eyes looked down, noticing how close we are to the ground. With all this impact, my body could never reanimate fast enough. I have to avoid this.

"Obito does love me, I know that much," I said as I jumped back, only 6 feet from above the ground before the impact. As I jumped, I felt pride and glory as I said my next words.

I never knew I had to fight you, Zetsu, but here it is.

Sayonara.

"KATSU"

The huge explosion from Zetsu's blow didn't cause any sort of harm to me. As I landed on my feet, I looked up and saw it all. In front of me, was the view of war.

Somewhere in the crowd was Obito, I have to find him, as soon as possible.

This time, I won't just give up.