Secrets

Kabuto Yakushi.

There's a lot we don't know about him.

All that we know of is based on what Zetsu has gathered from observing him months prior ever since he decided to get involved in uncovering secrets about the Akatsuki, which we predict was under the request of his late master, Orochimaru.

Even his presence in the hideout has not put either me or Zetsu at ease, I'm constantly putting Zetsu on watch of him to make sure that he does not make any other advances to get a step ahead just to betray us. Letting him get involved in this war alone was a risk bigger than I could ever imagine.

"None of the others have that tag behind them" Zetsu reported as I looked down at the war plans. One more day, to war.

"That explains why they all remember their past and how they died, Deidara doesn't remember much, to begin with," I said as I put my pen down, I looked up and observed the burning candle that was on my table. "What do we do now?" Zetsu asked as the atmosphere stayed silent. I don't know what to do, but I know I have to do something.

"I'll find a way to break it..." I said as I turned to Zetsu, gesturing him to listen. "Bring me the forbidden scrolls we collected..." I whispered as my eyes looked around, scanning for a presence beside Zetsu's and my own.

Zetsu agreed quietly and his body seeped into the concrete surface of our hideout, moving to find the forbidden scrolls that Madara himself had hidden. I shouldn't let Kabuto know that I've found out about the tag, whether I like it or not I have to find a way to break the Jutsu. I know well that Kabuto won't ever give me and Deidara a chance to properly unite. Very fitting for someone who has never experienced love before or best I say, that's what I assume.

A day before the war, I locked myself away in my room, my fingers and clothes dusty from opening so many ancient forbidden Jutsu scrolls which I had kept hidden from anyone. Reanimation wasn't one of which we had in store, I didn't even hope to find any since these scrolls are kept away in secret, though I figure anyone would prefer the Gedo Art of Rinne Rebirth. The only flaw is that many thought that the Rinnegan was a myth, studies on the Gedo Art of Rinne Rebirth are close to none existent.

This is why, here with me today, the scrolls on the study of reanimation outnumbered any other Jutsu study, lady luck is really smiling upon me.

"Found anything yet?" Zetsu asked as I leaned against my bed, a number of scrolls scattered around my room. "yeah, but...I don't understand it" I said as I lifted the scroll up. Zetsu's eyes scanned the page before he nodded, he read out loud the words on the scroll.

Infatuation with a person,
immersion in sadness,
vengeful hate that grows in the heart,
is the key to unlocking it at the start

"A poem?" Zetsu asked as he peaked closer. I shook my head, my eyes went over the lines written over and over again. "A riddle..." I said as I groaned and placed down the map. "A fucking unsolvable one, yeah..." Zetsu nodded as he looked outside.

"Obito...just put this aside...maybe you'll figure it out tomorrow you know..." Zetsu said as he slowly seeped into the ground. I looked back at him and rolled my eyes, knowing for a fact that it was impossible to do. I can't just forget about him, Deidara isn't just another toy. He's the first person I actually felt safe with, at home with.

I looked out to the night sky and envisioned what tomorrow will be like, I will win this war and just maybe then I will be happy. We can have everything we want, just me and him.

But Deidara doesn't want that, am I a fool for wanting something for myself? To share something with a soul that has already left me, my heart longs for his presence, in a world where his presence never leaves me, it is the complete ideal world for me.