Sacrifice

I know exactly where to go.

A place where only we know.

Safe.

Calm.

The place where I first met the real you.

As my clay bird landed at the place, I slowly got off, leaving Obito to rest on the bird. I'm sure by now laying on clay is much better than the hard rough ground. Not to mention how his scars and wounds might get infected. I quickly rushed towards the water and washed my hands, I noticed how badly they are dispersing, its almost like thin air. I look down at my dispersing fingers, trying to make use of my palm, I reached into my pouch and took out some dry clay, I managed to slowly press them into my hand, the shape of my hand forming using the use of my clay. I scooped a bit of water onto my palm. Slowly balancing it as I took light steps towards Obito making sure I don't spill any. I kneeled down and looked at him, he was already staring at me.

"This place..." he said, his eyes smiling along with him. "Yes, hm this is..uhh... waterfall..." I said as I looked down shyly, embarrassment took over me as I realized what a romantic I am. Obito let out a small dry laugh as I looked up at him. His gaze, warm and comforting; I live for moments like this with you Obito.

I gestured him to drink, I lightly tilt my palm to pour the water into his mouth, ensuring I didn't drop any. Obito chugged it down slowly, not that there was much to drink. After that, I wiped my palm that was coated in my clay onto my clothes and leaned on the bird.

Obito's eyes were still on me, mine was on him. We shared a quiet comforting gaze as the sound of the calm waterfall surrounded us. "How's your body?" I asked as my eyes travelled down his waist, his body full of wounds and scars that were slowly healing, but I'm certain the pain he feels is out of this world. The damage taken by a ninja's body when a tailed beast is extracted can vary from one another, it's honestly a miracle that Obito is still breathing, the fact that he can still talk and smile. Obito smiled at me and said, "I'll be okay..".

"Don't Jinchurikis die after having their tailed beast extracted?" I asked, completely curious at how Obito is getting better, it truly is odd but certainly something I am grateful for. "I still have the ten tail's husk inside of me, it's giving me the chakra...that I need..." Obito said before he started violently coughing again, I rubbed his chest in a circular motion to calm him down. I should probably refrain from talking to him more. It'll just harm him in many ways possible. I got up and did the same as before, giving him water.

My body feels tired, maybe it's from all the chakra I've used up. At this point, I really don't know. Nor can I think of anything else besides Obito. I just want to take care of him. Though his wounds are bad, if I can just treat him, I'm sure he'll be okay. No, we need a medical ninja for this, I could always just kidnap one. I kidnapped a Kazekage, I'm practically a professional at it now.

"Deidara...thank you..."

I looked up and faced Obito, who had his head completely turned as his eyes rested on me. "I missed..you.." he said quietly, his voice almost breaking as he went on coughing. I hushed him as I leaned my head on his arm. Those comforting words sent warmth to my soul, It was nice hearing him say such a thing. I am so happy that we are here, together. I've waited for this for so long.

"I missed you too...Obito.." I said as I sat up, I closed my eyes as I smiled, my smile genuine and warm.

"D-Deidara..." Obito said, his voice shaky and fearful. I opened my eyes to see Obito's horrific expression, it was as if he had seen a ghost. I looked back at him, confused.

"What is it?"

"You..you're dispersing..." he said as I looked down on my skin. The cracks that have been dispersing are now glowing. I watched in terror as the paper-like substance fell out of my skin, my body feeling lighter and lighter. "W-wait what is-" I got cut off as soon as I remember what Itachi had told me. I had a certain time limit to go on and save Obito.

I decided to stop panicking, this is the last time. Obito's eyes widen as he looked at my calm expression, which I'm sure gave him an immense unsettling feeling. As I looked at Obito, I knew what I have to do, I have to make it memorable. I have realized this before, but the fear conquered me from seeing the truth. Obito and I, are like forbidden lovers of the universe, not to mention how dangerous our lifestyle is. To go around as criminals, assassins and having aspirations to destroy the ninja world. If it isn't god, then the world is against people like us.

"Both of us..." I said as Obito froze, my body dispersing faster than usual. "We are like parallel lines...we go on infinitely but we'll never end up together..." I said as I looked at Obito, who now has tears swelling up in his eyes. The atmosphere around us starts to be blurry as the dispersion reaches my collarbone, my body feels as light as air.

"I'm sorry...I...I'm so.." I said as my tears start to well up in my eyes, I couldn't help myself from crying. The sobs came in an instant after my tears had rolled down my flushed cheeks.

Life is so unfair.

It's unfair to both of us, Obito.

All of a sudden, I felt Obito's hand reach for my neck. The dispersion itself had reached my neck, making its way to my jawline. I leaned in and I felt Obito's warm lips touch mine. A moment that my soul will miss forever. One last kiss before an eternity of loneliness without him. As I pulled away, Obito's eyes met mine. His hand slid down my neck, both his hands on his chest.

His eyebrows were furrowed as his tears kept falling, just then he opened his mouth to say something. The senses around me started to go loose as I felt myself floating upwards, a freedom that only a soul like mine would reject. Just then, Obito said something that made the world stop. His next few words didn't just shock me, they tore me down. Fear built up within me as I saw his lips moving, knowing so well what he is attempting to do.

But before I could tell him to stop, I felt the weight of my soul being tugged down onto the grounds of the earth again. As the time between Obito and me stops, I watched as his lips moved. As his hands clasped together on his chest, his eyes were on me as he said his next few words, odd enough he seemed more than happy to say them.

"Gedo Art of Rinne Rebirth..."