xvii. | old scars

-°——˚✧ ψ ✧˚——°-
CHAPTER SEVENTEEN!
𝖔𝖑𝖉 𝖘𝖈𝖆𝖗𝖘
-°——˚✧ ψ ✧˚——°-

╭-°—✞—˚✧ ψ ✧˚—✞—°-╮CHAPTER SEVENTEEN!𝖔𝖑𝖉 𝖘𝖈𝖆𝖗𝖘╰-°—✞—˚✧ ψ ✧˚—✞—°-╯

────── ψ──────

THE WALK HOME was more humiliating when two factors are considered: 1. Salene wasn't in her clothes, 2. She was being followed by someone Tony hired to make sure she wouldn't do something stupid, which meant her things were left at Peters and she wouldn't be able to get them until tomorrow. She eventually had to sneak away from the person and climb up the fire escape; if she walked into the restaurant like that, her parents would kill her. Thankfully, the fire escape leads up to her window so she can wallow in pain in the comfort of her room the second she's inside the building.

After Tony got her and Peter off the roof, the damage done to her body from the fighting took a toll on her, she aches from her shoulders to her legs and her head was pounding from the extended use of her powers, glowing like that, even though it was a product of her nerves, really made her feel like her brain was being compressed under a layer of rubber bands. Climbing up the fire escape felt like forever as every muscle and joint screamed at her with every movement.

She was in tears by the time she got to her room, her window was open, probably done by Kyril since she didn't leave it like that in the morning. Salene was grateful though, it made it easier for her to crawl into her room and stumble to her bed. She didn't even realize how noisy she was until Kyril all but kicked down her door a minute later, silently slamming it as he flipped on her light.

He seemed like he was infuriated until he looked at her. His jaw dropped and he rushed over. She gave a weak smile as she slowly sat up in her bed. His eyes looked her up and down and he shook his head, sighing.

"Come to scold me?" She asked rhetorically, wincing as she leaned up against her pillows.

"What happened on that ferry?" He asked and she rolled her eyes.

"One of the assholes from that gun deal had this weapon that's like a boxing glove, but it electrocutes you, his buddy from that night used it on me and knocked the wind out of me, but this guy knocked me into a wall, hard," Salene explained, she went on about everything about the ferry and when she looked down at her gauntlets, she sighed.

"What happened on the roof?" Kyril asked.

Finding the words seemed to be difficult for her. Tony's words echoed in her head.

"He took my suit, he modified my gauntlets," Salene mumbled, she looked up to him, tears were brewing, one dared to slip.