iii | the winter soldier

-°——˚✧ ψ ✧˚——°-
CHAPTER THREE!
𝖙𝖍𝖊 𝖜𝖎𝖓𝖙𝖊𝖗 𝖘𝖔𝖑𝖉𝖎𝖊𝖗
-°——˚✧ ψ ✧˚——°-

╭-°—✞—˚✧ ψ ✧˚—✞—°-╮CHAPTER THREE!𝖙𝖍𝖊 𝖜𝖎𝖓𝖙𝖊𝖗 𝖘𝖔𝖑𝖉𝖎𝖊𝖗╰-°—✞—˚✧ ψ ✧˚—✞—°-╯

────── ψ──────

THE EMPTY AIRPORT is perfect for what Salene can only call the worst fight she'll probably experience in her life. She is going to have to stand in front of the world's most powerful people, and she has to fight them. And it isn't under circumstances that she likes either. Salene has never wanted to run away more in her life. But she stood in her assigned position after briefly meeting what was she liked to call Team Iron-Man. And she patiently waited for her cue to make a dramatic entrance.

She has one small fleeting hope that maybe, just maybe, her being there will convince her idol to not steal the jet, and to turn his friend in, to sign the accords, and continue to protect the earth. Salene didn't want to be here, and she regrets ever saying yes. She watched, Tony's voice flood her ear with the comm, her careful eyes scanned the Winter Soldier, she watched him, waiting for any sign of vulnerability, remorse even. She wasn't able to see anything past the mask that she wore.

He wasn't armed, but the guarded stance and expression could make anyone else think otherwise.

"UNDEROOS!" Tony yelled out, Salene huffed and blasted herself off the pavement from her gauntlets, the lines in her suit glowing a bit brighter as she shot a few blasts at the two men's feet, distracting them as Peter swung over, taking Steve's shield and webbing his hands together. Salene arched through the air as all of this happened, she landed into a roll, popping to her feet next to Tony, brushing some pebbles from the asphalt off her knees and shins.

"Nice job," he spoke to the both of them, Salene could easily see the impressed look on his face that he didn't even try to cover up. Salene only faced Steve and Bucky, if they were shocked, she couldn't tell.

"Thanks," Peter was on top of an army truck, Steve's shield adorning his arm, he was on one knee as if he was proposing, it was almost endearing, "Well, I could've stuck the landing a little better. It's just the new suit- well, it's nothing, Mr. Stark. It's-it's perfect- Thank you." Salene only rolled her eyes as she turned her head to Tony, her silence was something he enjoyed.

"Yeah," Tony frowned, "we don't really need to start a conversation." He spoke, raising his hands as if he was negotiating.

"Okay," Peter looked to Steve wHO now seemed confused, his hands still webbed together, "Cap- Captain. Big fan, I'm Spider-Man." Salene was so close to sending a warning blast to the shield. He needs to stop. talking.

"Yeah, we'll talk about it later. Just-"

"Hey everyone."

"Good job."