xix. | super secret boyband

-°——˚✧ ψ ✧˚——°-
CHAPTER NINETEEN!
𝖘𝖚𝖕𝖊𝖗 𝖘𝖊𝖈𝖗𝖊𝖙 𝖇𝖔𝖞𝖇𝖆𝖓𝖉
-°——˚✧ ψ ✧˚——°-

╭-°—✞—˚✧ ψ ✧˚—✞—°-╮CHAPTER NINETEEN! 𝖘𝖚𝖕𝖊𝖗 𝖘𝖊𝖈𝖗𝖊𝖙 𝖇𝖔𝖞𝖇𝖆𝖓𝖉╰-°—✞—˚✧ ψ ✧˚—✞—°-╯

────── 〔ψ〕──────

THE WEIRDEST THING about being a teenage superhero for Salene is going to school the following Monday after almost dying in a plane crash and getting the father of one of her few friends arrested. And she would rather relive that crash ren times over if it meant she didn't have to see Liz cry as she said goodbye. She was texting Kyril when she heard Liz's voice.

The blonde looked up, the doors behind her slamming shut as she did. Liz's face was blotchy and pinkish as she wiped her eyes. Salene shoved her phone in her pocket, ignoring her response to her brother as she rushed over and pulled the older girl in a hug. Liz was holding on tight to Salene. She could smell the girl's perfume and started to tear up.

She got Toomes arrested, and now Liz is moving to Oregon, she had gotten the news late last night when Liz called her. Salene pulled back, wiping her own eyes when the tears finally spilled.

"I'm sorry you have to leave," Salenes voice warbled as she spoke. Liz had a forced smile.

"I'll make sure we stay in touch, okay?" Liz suggested and Salene nodded, pulling away from the girl as they heard Peter approach. Salene knew he was gonna need some privacy with her to apologize.

"Bye," Salene spoke as she walked away and looked to Peter with a soft smile, and stepped over to Ned.

He seemed to have been freaking out about Saturday night, Salene assumed he never really saw that kind of action before, albeit it wasn't a lot compared to what Salene had seen, but from what she faced Saturday compared to her first fight, holy shit. Ned had stopped talking as Liz walked out of the building, Salenes heart clenched a little at how Peter watched Liz walk away.

The late bell had rung and she had no choice but to move on.

────── 〔ψ〕──────

THE LIBRARY WAS cold, Salene was glad she wore her jacket, she could heat her arms without raising suspicion as Mr. Harrington went on, complimenting the team for the job they did at the Decathlon in D.C. She felt Peter's arm brush against hers as he adjusted himself in his seat. The two made eye contact, it felt silent to Salene for a few minutes before she looked down at the open notebook in front of her.

"I'm gonna have to put this back in the trophy case soon, but just for motivation right now at this practice. I'm a little ahead of the game, but we will need a new team captain next year," He spoke, looking around the table with a smile, "So I'm appointing Michelle."