viii | hell on earth

-°——˚✧ ψ ✧˚——°-
CHAPTER EIGHT!
𝖍𝖊𝖑𝖑 𝖔𝖓 𝖊𝖆𝖗𝖙𝖍
-°——˚✧ ψ ✧˚——°-

╭-°—✞—˚✧ ψ ✧˚—✞—°-╮CHAPTER EIGHT!𝖍𝖊𝖑𝖑 𝖔𝖓 𝖊𝖆𝖗𝖙𝖍╰-°—✞—˚✧ ψ ✧˚—✞—°-╯

────── ψ──────

THE NEXT DAY, Salene was hyper-aware of Peter's quiet mumbling with Ned in each class. She held herself back from listening to him, instead, focusing her hearing on her heartbeat, constantly reminding herself that her blood pressure is a major trigger for her body heat to go higher than a brick oven. Slowly, she was finding a way to maintain balance.

It seemed to be slower than she wanted because her head was pounding by the time she slammed into the bathroom, letting herself glow so bright she was worried the paint on the walls would melt. Salene wasn't even sure if there was anyone in the bathroom, she didn't see any bags outside the stalls but considering the amount of stolen stuff in the school, the girl started keeping their bags with them in the stall.

Salenes heart raced as she stepped outside the stall and looked around. She couldn't hear any heartbeats or breathing, which gave her some relief as she walked over to the sink and looked at herself in the mirror. Salene sighed as she noticed glowing was still subsiding, she looked like an egg with a light shown through it. With that, she could see Him.

Lucifer.

Salenes shaky breath combined with her stomach twisting and turning made her go back to the bathroom stall and empty the contents of her breakfast. Her mind swirled as she sat back on her heels, wiping the tears from under her eyes. Salene solemnly stood up and flushed. She sighed and gave the mirror another glance as she left the bathroom and went back to class.

Ms. Warren was still in the middle of her lecture as Salene went back to her seat and caught herself back up on the notes. Her hands were shaking so badly that her handwriting was barely legible. Salene squeezes her eyes shut and took a deep breath. She opened them again and noticed the page was empty, and so was the class. But she could still hear Ms. Warren's voice. Salenes breathing became heavy as she looked around. The classroom was empty. She looked down at her paper again and this time, there was a symbol on it.

She's seen it before, but she has no idea where. It was on the tip of her tongue when it was like she finally snapped back into reality.

"Salene!" Ms. Warren yelled, her face was right in front of Salenes face, "sweetheart, what's wrong?" Salene furrowed her eyebrows in confusion and looked back at her paper. The same symbol was everywhere on her paper. Salene only now started to feel the tears on her face.