epilouge

-°——˚✧ ψ ✧˚——°-
MONSTER!
𝖊𝖕𝖎𝖑𝖔𝖌𝖚𝖊
-°——˚✧ ψ ✧˚——°-

╭-°—✞—˚✧ ψ ✧˚—✞—°-╮MONSTER!𝖊𝖕𝖎𝖑𝖔𝖌𝖚𝖊╰-°—✞—˚✧ ψ ✧˚—✞—°-╯

────── 〔ψ〕──────

AS PETER WALKED through the crowded hall of joyful students, happy to be reunited, he knew what was missing. Who was missing. Although he saw her for himself, he still searched for her blonde head in the crowd. She was never going to turn the corner and run into his arms. The last person he saw before he died, the one who he always counted on to be there, was never going to be there again.

He was being pulled away from Tony's body, Pepper had wanted to say goodbye. His sobs wracked his body as Tony laid against the rock, near dead. James Rhodes, a man Peter briefly met, was holding him close to his side, supporting Peter.

The arc reactor faded, Pepper began to shake in her own tattered suit from her own sobs. Tony Stark was dead. Nobody moved for a long time. They all stood there in each other's grief because all around Tony were the many lives he affected.

"Sal?" Steve called out, Peter's ears perked at her name, he wiped under his eyes, blinking away his tears. He needed to see her.

He searched for the black suit with grey and purple stripes, but she wasn't in the crowd. He looked for her black horns but they weren't to be seen. A loud, broken cry snatched Peter's attention away from his search. Steve was hunched over a body. His body was violently shaking with his sobs. Peter's heart began to race as his senses lifted the hairs off his body.

Denial was running through his mind as he and a couple of others joined him as they limped their way to Steve. A woman splayed out on the ground with a chitauri spear ran through her body. She looked young, she looked tired. Peter had seen her before. He was going to help her, but the glove had fallen into his hands and he was on a mission, he had planned on going back to her but the hellfire rained down and Carol had came in and Peter could never seem to find a time to get back to her.

"Salene," Steve's voice cracked, brushing the hair out of her face.

Peter's world came crashing down. His heart sank to the floor and his knees came down with it. He crawled to her body, shaking his head.

"No, no, no, no! NO!" He screamed out, he lifted her upper body, rocking it back and forth, "wake up, you're not dead god please WAKE UP!"

The one girl he ever confessed his love to was dead in his arms. And he'll never get her back.

Peter found himself in front of what used to be the school's trophy case. What he stood before now was an array of different photos of Salene, from news articles about her to her graduation photo. Paired with that were fresh flowers of all kinds, all her paintings, and cards and letters addressed to her from fans, students, classmates, any and every person who knew her. Who knew Lightbringer.