xiii. | a modest proposal

-°——˚✧ ψ ✧˚——°-
CHAPTER THIRTEEN!
𝖆 𝖒𝖔𝖉𝖊𝖘𝖙 𝖕𝖗𝖔𝖕𝖔𝖘𝖆𝖑
-°——˚✧ ψ ✧˚——°-

╭-°—✞—˚✧ ψ ✧˚—✞—°-╮CHAPTER THIRTEEN!𝖆 𝖒𝖔𝖉𝖊𝖘𝖙 𝖕𝖗𝖔𝖕𝖔𝖘𝖆𝖑╰-°—✞—˚✧ ψ ✧˚—✞—°-╯

────── ψ──────

THE YELLOW BLAZER was a breath of fresh air to Salene. It was also an extreme contrast and a break in her black, monochromatic outfit. She was the only one happy to wear it. Though she was grateful for her sunglasses now that she started to get a dull ache starting at the base of her skull. She was currently digging through her duffel bag, looking for her bottle of aspirin that she had to sneak on. Salene could hear the rattle loud and clear but she couldn't find it.

"Looking for something?" MJ asked and Salene nodded.

"Don't tell Harrington but I brought a bottle of aspirin for my migraines and now I can't find it," Salene spoke as she heard Mj's movements from behind her.

"Are you sure it's in there?" MJ asked, Salene could hear the eyebrow raise from behind her, MJ always does that whenever she's deep in thought or asking a question, she has that face a lot when Salenes can show up for decathlon practice.

"I'm positive, I can hear it rattling," Salene spoke, ruffling through her clothes and as a result, messing them up, she would have to iron them out when they got to the hotel.

"Here, I have some Motrin, it'll probably be faster for your head anyways," Mj spoke and Salene nodded, giving up and snatching a bottle of water from her bag before zipping it up and stepping away from the bus.

Salene could hear the crack of the seal-like it was next to a microphone and she was next to the speaker. She winced as she opened it and saw Mj pull out her bottle from her pocket. She held out a shaky hand and watched two pills fall into her palm. The girl quickly popped them in her mouth and chugged the bottle of water. Mj watched her with curiosity and Salene pulled the water away sheepishly.

"Sorry, uh, I haven't been the best with hydration lately," Salene lied, she drinks three gallons every morning and every night per Kyrils instruction considering how much of her internal body water steam off when she's burning up.

Mj only nodded as a commotion started up by the entrance of the bus. It was Peter. Salene was unfazed when his request to join the team was spoken to the group of banana-esque kids. Salene watched Peter glance at her, hoping for the backup.

"Oh no!" Flash spoke up as he pushed to the front of the team, staring Peter down as he flanked Liz, "you don't get to show up last minute and be welcomed back with open arms." The irony of the situation came to play when Mr. Harrington came down from the bus and lit up at the sight of Peter.