xvi. | capital punishment

-°——˚✧ ψ ✧˚——°-
CHAPTER SIXTEEN!
𝖈𝖆𝖕𝖎𝖙𝖆𝖑 𝖕𝖚𝖓𝖎𝖘𝖍𝖒𝖊𝖓𝖙
-°——˚✧ ψ ✧˚——°-

╭-°—✞—˚✧ ψ ✧˚—✞—°-╮CHAPTER SIXTEEN!𝖈𝖆𝖕𝖎𝖙𝖆𝖑 𝖕𝖚𝖓𝖎𝖘𝖍𝖒𝖊𝖓𝖙╰-°—✞—˚✧ ψ ✧˚—✞—°-╯

────── ψ──────

THE NEXT DAY at school proved harder to get through than Salene thought. News about Peter saving the team as Spider-Man went national and her interview with Betty and Jason was being played, she had asked to not be shown, but that was her face on the school TV. She rolled her eyes as she walked to her locker, she could feel the eyes of people and hear the conversations about her.

"I heard from someone on the team that she was stone-faced the whole time, she didn't shed a tear," She heard. Salene opened her locker, she wanted to just put her head inside and slam it shut. The attention on her made her want to curl into a ball and die on the spot.

You're okay, Lucifer's voice seemed more human than snake-like this time, but it still seemed to wrap around her head, it's your head, follow your breathing exercises.

Salene furrowed her brows, how did he know? Could he look into her memories as well? She shook her head, dismissing the questions she didn't want answers to and started to take deep breaths. She was soon interrupted by Ned Leeds.

"Salene?" Ned asked, he seemed nervous to her, she looked at him and he widened his eyes.

"Are you okay?" He asked and she threw up a smile, "I was wondering if you wanted to walk to Spanish with me."Salene furrowed her eyebrows at his question. She looked around the quickly emptying hallway to see that Peter was nowhere to be found. She looked back to Ned who only sighed.

"He found out some stuff about the winged dude, stuff that he was planning on telling you tonight as his place but he was about to ditch school when Mr. Morita caught him and pulled him to his office," Ned explained and Salene rolled her eyes.

"Of course he would," she commented, grabbing her stuff for her morning classes and shut her locker, "which means I'm going to have to wait for him outside detention, which I'm sure he's gonna get till he's graduated, considering what happened on the trip." Ned only nodded as Salene shut her locker and clipped her combination lock shut for her next time down the hallway. The Spanish classroom was only a few feet away and the two turned to see the Spanish teacher waiting by the door with a look on her face that said 'Well are you coming or not?'.

Salene and Ned started walking and she glanced at him, he seemed nervous which she realized at this point, he was in a constant state of that.

"I'll text him after class," Salene spoke quietly, nodding to the teacher as they passed. She could help but shake her head at the fact that Peter was on the edge of ruining his life.