iv | possession

-°——˚✧ ψ ✧˚——°-
CHAPTER FOUR!
𝖕𝖔𝖘𝖘𝖊𝖘𝖘𝖎𝖔𝖓
-°——˚✧ ψ ✧˚——°-

╭-°—✞—˚✧ ψ ✧˚—✞—°-╮CHAPTER FOUR!𝖕𝖔𝖘𝖘𝖊𝖘𝖘𝖎𝖔𝖓╰-°—✞—˚✧ ψ ✧˚—✞—°-╯

────── ψ──────

SALENE WAS TAKEN aback by the man Steve called Lang. Her mind blanked as her jaw hung and suddenly, her body was moving against her will. Salenes heart picked up its pace and she watched helplessly as she started to glow and run. She realized that it was her that was running, not Lucifer and she jumped, using the wispy light that surrounded her to lift herself into the air, a smirk replaced her frown as she jumped onto Lang's helmet, crawling down to his face to cover his eyes.

This made him grab her like she would a kitten and threw her. She was spinning and flipping until she found herself kicking off nothing but air to fly back. Salene wasn't going to go down just yet.

"How do you think we take him down?" She heard Rhodey ask through the comm as Salene flew around Lang, blasting different parts of him with her energy. At this size, it's an annoyance, but it keeps him occupied and not trying to kick a King of Wakanda.

She couldn't help the grunt that escaped her lips as she used everything in her to blast at him and stay in the air.

"Hey, demon spawn?" Tony asked, "take it easy."

Salene huffed as she saw Peter flipping onto a container.

"Do you guys know that really old movie, Empire Strikes Back?" Peter asked. Salene was ready to expose herself to insult him but held herself back as she realized what he was trying to do as he used his webs to bind the giant's knees together.

Tony, Rhodey, and Salene all knew what to do as they built up momentum and gave the most badass uppercut in American history. Salene smiles to herself as she heard the giants groan, watching him fall back.

"Great job guy-" Peter was cut off by a giant backhand that seemed to knock him out, he wasn't using any webs, just soaring through the air. Salene instantly soared after him, grabbing a hold of him just as they crashed through the boxes. She did her best to protect his head as they tumbled on the asphalt.

Out of nowhere, everything went dark, Salene saw flashing lights every time the world lit up, a man with horns protruding his head and wings erupted from his back staring at her, his piercing gaze cut through her as his smile made her fear for the worst.

The devil-man slowly got closer, more of his features were visible. The defined cheekbones. The scars that littered his chest. The sleek blonde hair. The blood-covered hands. It seemed that every time he got closer, she could see one more good thing and one more bad one. And soon, it was just all bad.

"WAKE UP!" His booming voice rattled her brain and she shot up, her heavy breathing wasn't filtered as much through the mask which seems to help her calm down some more.

Her head started to ache and she looked over to see Tony holding his head with a pained expression on his face.

"I'll forgive that just this one time, are you okay?" He asked, making Salene smile and nod, "good, you're done, you've done a great job today and I'm proud of you, I'll see you soon." Salene watched him fly off and she laid back on the asphalt, pulling her phone out from her suit pocket, and felt relief rush through her body as she saw no cracks.

Salene continued the game she had started that morning, waiting for the fight to be over. The quinjet flew over her head and she took a sharp inhale as Tony and Rhodey flew after it, Sam Wilson trailing him.

And as if it was in slow motion, Salene watched in horror as Rhodey was shot out of the sky by a Vision-made energy beam. She didn't hesitate to fly after him, hoping to do better than she did for Peter who seemed to be asleep already. Salene used almost all of her energy to meet him in the sky. Her hand only grazed his before he crashed into the ground.

Salene practically screamed as she dropped to the ground and pulled off his mask, sticking her fingers down into the suit and checking for a pulse. Tony seemed to have materialized next to her as she did this. Salene turned off her comm and turned her head to face him.

"I'm getting a faint pulse," she spoke and he let out a sigh of relief.

"F.R.I.D.A.Y?" Tony asked, she watched him nod after she responded and she looked back to Rhodey. Guilt rose in her chest like bile and she couldn't help the word vomit from coming out of her mouth.

"I-I'm sorry, I wasn't fast enough, I should've-"

"This isn't your fault," Tony spoke and looked up to see Sam Wilson standing off to the side, "it's his."

Tony blasted Sam in the chest, making him fly back as Vison landed a few feet in front of Salene and Tony. Tony could only give a desperate look that asked one simple question.

Why?

────── ψ──────

short chapter :)