x. | the less you know

-°——˚✧ ψ ✧˚——°-
CHAPTER TEN!
𝖙𝖍𝖊 𝖑𝖊𝖘𝖘 𝖞𝖔𝖚 𝖐𝖓𝖔𝖜
-°——˚✧ ψ ✧˚——°-

╭-°—✞—˚✧ ψ ✧˚—✞—°-╮CHAPTER TEN!𝖙𝖍𝖊 𝖑𝖊𝖘𝖘 𝖞𝖔𝖚 𝖐𝖓𝖔𝖜╰-°—✞—˚✧ ψ ✧˚—✞—°-╯

────── ψ──────

SALENE WAS SURE she had died. It was the only explanation she had for was she was seeing. And it didn't help that all she remembered was Peter screaming with her as they plummeted to the lake. She wasn't sure but it felt like the strings of the parachute were wrapping around her neck as she squirmed around, trying to get a grip of her powers, her mind was blank, she forgot everything she learned to do in a mere two seconds.

She felt the string tighten around her neck as they hit the water, she nearly gasped as she clawed at the strings. Peter's head was blinded by his own chute and wasn't able to see that every time he pulled on their chutes, he tightened the DIY noose around her neck.

Salene passed out before she saw Tony Stark pull them out of the water.

────── ψ──────

SALENE WOKE UP TO someone's lips on hers and she knew that the only person it could be was Peter. She punched Peter in the chest, sending him back a few feet and she sat up. Looking around, she noticed they were in a park next to the lake that the demon dropped her in. She was soaking wet and beyond freezing, her mask was a few feet away and her hair hung around her shoulders with no hair ties on her wrist. This was going to be a tough trip home.

"What the fuck?" She screamed and he looked at her wide-eyed and alarmed.

"I thought you were dead!" Peter yelled back and Salene rolled her eyes. She got to her knees as he looked alarmed, he probably thought she was going to attack him. She should have purely based on him not knowing proper CPR.

"Well, that nasty tongue almost killed me!" Salene stood up, wiping her mouth and spitting at the ground, "CPR means you blow air! What the fuck?"

Peter's cheeks went bright red and he looked to Tony whose face Salene couldn't see but she knew enough that he was getting impatient. She straightened up at the sight of him and got up. Her heart was about to burst as she faced him but she pushed through.

"Uh, hey Mr. Stark, how you doing?" Salene awkwardly asked.

"What were you two thinking?" Tony asked venomously making Salene wince at the harsh tone.

"These guys are making and selling weapons that can blow up a whole block of New York!" Salene spoke up, "that ATM robbery is only the beginning, Mr. Stark, and the demon man that dropped Peter and I in here has got to be the head of the operation, or at least in the higher-ups of it."