xiv.| constructive rebellion

-°——˚✧ ψ ✧˚——°-
CHAPTER FOURTEEN!
constructive rebellion
-°——˚✧ ψ ✧˚——°-

╭-°—✞—˚✧ ψ ✧˚—✞—°-╮CHAPTER FOURTEEN!constructive rebellion ╰-°—✞—˚✧ ψ ✧˚—✞—°-╯

────── ψ──────

THE HOTEL WAS open and airy and absolutely gorgeous to Salene. She and Adrian walked side by side as she admired the art on the walls and the sculptures they had in some corners. The team was occupied in the lobby, Salene and Adrian walked over and sat on the couch against the wall, catching up as much as possible. She told him about different art competitions she was submitting pieces to and he was telling her about his and Ian's plan to open up a law firm.

"A law firm?" She asked, "where were you thinking?" Her head tilted as her smile grew on her face. Her brother's ability to argue out of anything blew her mind. She couldn't think of anyone that could argue their way into being right but Adrian was there.

"Queens, I don't want to be too far from home, you guys would burn the diner down without me," Adrian nudged her with a teasing smile on his face that made Salenes jaw drop. She scoffed and rolled her eyes, nudging him back.

"Last I checked, you were the one that thought it was a bright idea to dump cold water in oil," Salene scrunched her nose as she poked the front of his shoulder. Adrian laughed as he leaned back on the couch, shaking his head. Other members of the team ended up joining the conversation with kitchen accidents.

By the time Mr. Harrington came around with the keys, everyone was laughing, she was starting to feel like she fit in with her team. Salene looked around wide-eyed, she had no idea who would want to room with her, until Liz Toomes came up to her with a soft smile.

"Wanna room up?" The girl asked and Salenes mouth gaped slightly and she nodded, a light blush graced her cheeks as she stood up and glanced back at Adrian who wore the best shit-eating grin. Salene made a point to step on a few toes as she and Liz made it to their rooms.

Salene was so fascinated by the structure of the museum that she almost didn't catch Liz gasping at the pool that they could see from where they stood outside the door.

"Do you have a bathing suit?" Liz asked as she unlocked the door to their room.

"No, I didn't think to pack one," Salene rubbed the back of her neck as she followed Liz inside.

Salene walked over to the bed that's farthest from the door. She tossed her duffel bag on top of the bed and focused her hearing on it. She was determined to find that bottle of aspirin now that she had time.

"That's okay, I think I packed an extra because I was indecisive about what I wanted to wear, I think I have something that's would look great on you," Liz was rambling as Salene started pulling clothes out and shaking them, pulling the wrinkles out of a few.