xxii. | the beginning of after

-°——˚ψ˚——°-
CHAPTER TWENTY-TWO!
𝖙𝖍𝖊 𝖇𝖊𝖌𝖎𝖓𝖓𝖎𝖓𝖌 𝖔𝖋 𝖆𝖋𝖙𝖊𝖗
-°——˚ ψ ˚——°-

╭-°—✞—˚✧ ψ ✧˚—✞—°-╮CHAPTER TWENTY-TWO!𝖙𝖍𝖊 𝖇𝖊𝖌𝖎𝖓𝖓𝖎𝖓𝖌 𝖔𝖋 𝖆𝖋𝖙𝖊𝖗╰-°—✞—˚✧ ψ ✧˚—✞—°-╯

────── ψ──────

IT HAD BEEN 22 DAYS since Salene watched Peter turn to ash. It had been days since she's seen any of her family. She misses them. Now all she does is sit in one of the pilot's seats and stare into the emptiness of space before her, waiting to die. Quill's spaceship had been damaged in the battle, Salene wasn't sure if it was the moon that crashed down or if it was the rebound of the moon hitting the planet and making everything fly everywhere.

Salene looked down at her hands, Peter's mask laid in them. She pulled on the mask, watching as the settings of it got situated.

"Karen, pull up old videos of Peter please," Salene spoke softly.

"Salene? Where's Peter?" Karen asked, Salene let out a tear. The fact that he was gone was still processing, making it harder for her to respond to Karen's question.

"He uh, he died, Karen," Salenes voice got warbly, "We lost."

Salene sniffed as Karen let out an "oh", and soon, video logs of Peter were in her vision, she watched as a video from over a year ago popped up, Peter in the mirror, it was the day of Liz Toome's house party, where Salene and Peter got dropped in the lake. She let out a solemn laugh there was no humor in it, hearing his voice made her heartache in a way she hadn't felt in years, it was too much. Salene pulled the mask off weakly, she and Tony hadn't had food in a while. Shifting in the seat left her exhausted. She ran a tongue over her chapped lips as Nebula guided Tony to the seat next to hers, he looked as bad as she felt.

She hated the taste of her mouth, the contestant pain that her stomach was in. Tony turned his head to look at her, he held out his hand. Salene shifted the mask from her left hand to her right, reaching out and taking his. They laid there like that for what felt like forever, there was a bright light shining on Salenes eyelids, she ignored it, a planet probably moved out of the way of the sun, Salene ignored it.

It soon became hard to ignore, the light was so bright that it was making Salenes eyes hurt even when they were closed. She squinted, holding up her other hand, trying to peek at what it was. Tony seemed to have been doing the same thing. At least Salene wasn't imagining it. She lowered her hand as the brightness dimmed a bit, revealing the figure of a woman. An angel.

Salenes breath hitched in her throat, the way this woman glowed isn't far off from how she did. The woman lowered herself under the ship. Salene watched as the stars moved again and soon, they went by in a blur. Nebula ran to the front of the ship, Salene let go of Tony's hand and turned her head up to the blue woman. Salenes breath hitched at the familiar planet, she wondered how much different it will be now that half of the population is ash.