xxv. | as the world caves in

-°——˚✧ ψ ✧˚——°-
CHAPTER TWENTY-FIVE!
𝖆𝖘 𝖙𝖍𝖊 𝖜𝖔𝖗𝖑𝖉 𝖈𝖆𝖛𝖊𝖘 𝖎𝖓
-°——˚✧ ψ ✧˚——°-

╭-°—✞—˚✧ ψ ✧˚—✞—°-╮CHAPTER TWENTY-FIVE!𝖆𝖘 𝖙𝖍𝖊 𝖜𝖔𝖗𝖑𝖉 𝖈𝖆𝖛𝖊𝖘 𝖎𝖓╰-°—✞—˚✧ ψ ✧˚—✞—°-╯

────── 〔ψ〕──────

SALENE SAT ON a bench, staring out at the peaceful lake. This was where she and Natasha would go to meditate sometimes. It was where Natasha opened up to Salene and the other way around. It was hard being there but she didn't want to be alone in her grief.

"Do we know if she had a family?" Tony finally asked.

"Yeah," Steve nodded, he was crying with Salene, "us."

Salene furrowed her eyebrows.

"She had two families," she finally spoke up. She hasn't uttered a word since they got back. The team looked to her, "although the Red Room was where she was tortured, she still had formed her own family within it, she had a mother and a father of sorts-" Salene let out a humorless laugh at her words, remembering how Natasha described them - "she had a sister, I'll call her, tell her what happened, I just..."

Salenes heart ached, she couldn't even say Natasha's name without the image of her lifeless body flashing at the front of her brain. She felt Steve's hand rub her back and she leaned into the older man's side.

"What?" Thor asked, confused, Salene furrowed her eyebrows and looked at him.

"I just asked him a question–"

"Yeah, you're acting like she's dead." Thor had interrupted Tony, "Why are we acting like she's dead? We have the stones, right? As long as we have the stones, Cap, we can bring her back, isn't that right? So stop this shit. We're the Avengers, get it together."

"We can't get her back," Clint spoke up, Salene could look him in the eye, she couldn't help the resentment for him, it wasn't his fault, Natasha was quicker than him, she jumped out of his grip.

But it's still Clint standing there instead of her sister and it kills Salene because of that.

"Wha– what?" Thor just wasn't getting it, he didn't want to accept it.

"It can't be undone." Salene turned her head back to the lake, sniffing as her stuffy nose blocked her from a fresh breath, "It can't."

"I'm sorry. No offense, but you're a very earthly being. Okay?" Thor disregarded, "We're talking about space magic. And 'can't' seems very definitive don't you think?"

"Yeah, look, I know that I'm way outside my paygrade here, but she still isn't here, is she?"

"No, that's my point–"

"It can't– be undone. Or that's at least what the red floating guy had to say," Clint's voice warbled as it got continuously louder, "Maybe you wanna go talk to him, okay? GO GRAB YOUR HAMMER, AND YOU GO FLY AND TALK TO HIM!"