xxiii. | the walking dead

-°——˚ψ˚——°-
CHAPTER TWENTY-THREE!
𝖙𝖍𝖊 𝖜𝖆𝖑𝖐𝖎𝖓𝖌 𝖉𝖊𝖆𝖉
-°——˚ ψ ˚——°-

╭-°—✞—˚✧ ψ ✧˚—✞—°-╮CHAPTER TWENTY-THREE!𝖙𝖍𝖊 𝖜𝖆𝖑𝖐𝖎𝖓𝖌 𝖉𝖊𝖆𝖉╰-°—✞—˚✧ ψ ✧˚—✞—°-╯

────── ψ──────

IT HAD BEEN FIVE years. Five years since Salene lost her whole family, all of her friends, and since she lost Peter Parker. Peter, the boy who in his last few seconds, tells her the three words she had been dying to hear for so long. And of course, their terrible luck stops her from telling him the same. After that, things just didn't seem right anymore. Going to school, graduating, prom, much to her dismay, but she went, her mother's voice in her ear scolding her if she didn't get enough photos. If they ended up coming back in the universe's way of being generous, Salene would want to be able to give her mother the memories made. It was the longest shot and something that Salene told herself at night to sleep a little better. It never worked.

Maybe you two should get a dog, Lucifer spoke up, the tone was sardonic, but Salene could tell it was a genuine suggestion.

"It would be scared of me," Salene muttered under her breath, she was outside of the compound, doing her morning jog, periodically stopping to do her stretches. In the time since high school, Salene pulled further away from her old hobbies and put more into learning to control her new abilities and just overall trying to keep her mind off the past.

Natasha was inside, conducting a meeting with the surviving members of those who had fought in Wakanda plus Carol. Salene was slightly grateful to have been stuck in space, she and Tony only had to deal with the Voldemort-looking alien. Natasha had to deal with the rest of Thanos' generals and their armies. It was no wonder he had been able to win, Strange gave Thanos the time stone, he then used that stone to undo Wanda killing Vision and then ripped that stone out of his head. Salene couldn't imagine the pain that woman was going through in her last moments. Her thoughts were interrupted as she completed her final stretches in front of the compound when Steve's car pulled up, he had a laundry basket in the back and she threw up a small smile.

"Hey, gramps!" Salene called out as he got out of the car. He chuckled as he did so, opening the backseat door, "I can get those started for you while you say hi to Nat, I was about to throw a load in myself anyway."

Steve nodded as she stepped closer, he patted a dry spot on her back, pulling out the basket and handing it to her.

"How are you two doing?" He asked, she could hear the concern. She looked up at the towering man to see his expression matched his tone, he seemed to wear that look a lot, especially around her.