xxi. | in the end

-°——˚✧ ψ ✧˚——°-
CHAPTER TWENTY ONE!
𝖎𝖓 𝖙𝖍𝖊 𝖊𝖓𝖉
-°——˚✧ ψ ✧˚——°-

╭-°—✞—˚✧ ψ ✧˚—✞—°-╮CHAPTER TWENTY ONE! 𝖎𝖓 𝖙𝖍𝖊 𝖊𝖓𝖉╰-°—✞—˚✧ ψ ✧˚—✞—°-╯

────── 〔ψ〕──────

THE GROUND WAS coming up faster than Salene liked. Unease was filling her chest as she looked at Tony. He looked to have the same amount of unease as he glanced between her and Peter.

"Hey, what's going on?" Peter asked, Tony looked at her and pointed to one of the arms that came out of the floor.

Salene walked over, sticking her right hand in, closing the open mouth of the handle over her hand and forearm.

"I don't think this rig has a self-park function." Tony seemed urgent with his words and pointed Peter to the other arm, "Get your hand into the steering gimbal. Close those around it. You understand?"

Peter did what he was told and did the same thing that Salene did. The ship started rumbling a bit now that it was no longer on autopilot. Salene could feel herself heating up as the fear of horrifically dying in a crash swelled up inside of her. Her nerves were aflame as a giant metal figure came into their view.

"We might wanna turn." Peter commented Salenes helmet and mask came up at her command to protect her head from any debris that may hit it, though if her hair tangles up in anything, she's screwed, "Turn! Turn! Turn!"

She and Peter had to move their whole bodies to make the ship change its course but they still managed to clip the giant metal that looks to her a giant game of jacks. Tony and Strange stood in between the steering gimbals and she watched as Strange moved his hands around, orange circles surrounded them as Salene felt the rumble of a part of the ship coming off.

Oh, now I remember he's a- Lucifer was cut off when they hit the ground and continued to run, the ground was now slowing them down, the grinding of the ship as the ground tore away at the bottom went straight into Salene and pointed out any joint that Salene ever had an ache in ever.

Finally, the ship stopped, Salene and Tony had ended up on the floor next to each other. Dr. Strange helped them up, Salene dusted her legs off as her mask and helmet fell away.

"You alright?" Strange asked as Salene looked out the windshield of the ship, it was covered in a layer of dirt, making the already dark ship even darker.

"That was close," Tony responded, patting Strange's arm and looking at Salene, the look on his face seemed to ask if she was okay, she nodded.

I'm feeling life forms on this planet, Lucifer spoke, Salene rolled her eyes.

Yeah, she responded, we're on the planet now.

Peter finally made himself seen, coming down on a web, upside down, he seemed to be okay as well.