vii | way too long

-°——˚✧ ψ ✧˚——°-
CHAPTER SEVEN!
𝖜𝖆𝖞 𝖙𝖔𝖔 𝖑𝖔𝖓𝖌
-°——˚✧ ψ ✧˚——°-

╭-°—✞—˚✧ ψ ✧˚—✞—°-╮CHAPTER SEVEN!𝖜𝖆𝖞 𝖙𝖔𝖔 𝖑𝖔𝖓𝖌╰-°—✞—˚✧ ψ ✧˚—✞—°-╯

────── ψ──────

THE SUN HAD ALREADY begun setting by the time Salene was able to get out of the restaurant, having Kyril do her chores before she felt like she would explode.

She was on the roof of her building, her baby hairs blowing in the wind as the mask finished locking around her head. Salene slipped on the goggles that were attached to the mask, different features of the suit popping up before her eyes as she shot up into the sky, flying over different parts of Queens. She found herself in an alleyway outside Delmar's bodega, often Salene would stop at the sandwich shop much to her father's dismay.

It seemed to have been perfect timing when Salene watched as men in masks of the avengers strolled into the ATM bank across the street toting guns and technology that she's never seen before. Salene straightened up, channeling her energy into her gauntlets as she crept her way across the empty street, Peter seemed to have watched the same thing, and soon he was by her side in his suit.

"Hey, follow me, alright?" Peter asked and Salene pushed past him as she silently went inside, creeping up to the first man with his back to the wall. Salene grabbed him by the shoulder and spun him around, quickly punching him in the nose and knocking him out. She never paid attention to faces, she just punched, and dodged, and hoped she wouldn't get caught in the crossfire of Peter's webs.

It soon came to light that she wouldn't have to worry about that considering the fake Captain America spun around with what looked like a gun with a claw from a claw machine attached to it. It emitted a strange blue light that held Salene in place, she turned her head to see Peter in mid-air, also covered in the blue light.

"Whoa!" He spoke, his suit had altered his voice and she looked back to the man, "this is so weird."

Peter soon stopped talking when the two were being slammed into the roof and floor of the building. But once again he started speaking. Salene glared up at the imposter and used her gauntlets to send him flying back. The two fell to the floor and Salene scrambled to get back up, dodging different punches and blasts from the high-tech guns.

She gave a roundhouse kick to her another gun and gasped as it started to glow purple, the man seemed to lose control over it and Salene barely made it out of the way before a bright purple laser shot out and tore everything in half. A scream erupted from her throat and she threw one more punch before looking around for Peter, her wide eyes being helped by the goggles that searched through the smirk.