i | one hell of a light-show

-°——˚✧ ψ ✧˚——°-
CHAPTER ONE!
𝖔𝖓𝖊 𝖍𝖊𝖑𝖑 𝖔𝖋 𝖆 𝖑𝖎𝖌𝖍𝖙-𝖘𝖍𝖔𝖜
-°——˚✧ ψ ✧˚——°-

╭-°—✞—˚✧ ψ ✧˚—✞—°-╮CHAPTER ONE!𝖔𝖓𝖊 𝖍𝖊𝖑𝖑 𝖔𝖋 𝖆 𝖑𝖎𝖌𝖍𝖙-𝖘𝖍𝖔𝖜╰-°—✞—˚✧ ψ ✧˚—✞—°-╯

────── ψ──────

BLACK WAS SOMETHING that Salene could only be caught dead in. She loved wearing colors. Any color. Although her life was dull, it was something rooted in the family that black was for funerals and funerals only. Even the kids at school that did pay attention to her could deduct that from the brunette. But now, Salene stood in front of the mirror, her head throbbing from the intensity of the bright light and the amplified sound of everything around her. She was clad in the darkest clothing she could find in her closet. And she hated it.

But if she even thought about wearing anything with color, the throbbing would get so bad, she would go dizzy and black spots would be dancing in her vision. Lucifer truly had to hate her for this. Salenes eyes raked her body, noting the chain that dangled from her black skinny jeans, paired with a black and white striped turtleneck. The throbbing came from the pale pink tee-shirt she wore, and it was something she would have a throbbing head over. She slipped on some sunglasses to hide the bags under her eyes and frowned at her hair.

She used to be a brunette. But the night of her possession, the night she was named Lightbringer, she was miraculously turned blonde. Kyril, her brother, was the only one in the house who didn't think it was a big deal, saying "That it matched her I.Q.". Her mother didn't like that.

Salene ignored her looks and walked out to the kitchen, grabbing an apple, kissing the cheek of her parents before quickly trailing after Kyril and hopping into the passenger seat of his car that he'd been saving up for since he started working for their parents at 16. Kyril was turning 18 soon, and Salene still had no idea what to get her brother. She was always stuck on Kyrils gifts. It was easy getting gifts for the twins: Alessandro and Dina, and her oldest brother, Adrian jr. But Kyril? His interests changed every week and Salene would often be snooping through his room when he was at football games at her rival school, Manhattan Bridges, that he happened to be attending.

Kyril always dropped her off a block away from the school to save time, Salene didn't mind, she liked the walk, it gave her time to clear her head, and often thought of different things to paint for her portfolio in her art class. She trudged along the sidewalk, not particularly liking the idea of going to school in this new style. She already got stares for the new hair color and now she was just adding fuel to Midtown's fire. She looked up at the first catcall of the morning, the frown in her face deepening as she kept her mouth sealed. The throb was slowly aching in her head, and she knew that today would be hell as she took another bite of her apple, keeping her eyes in front of her as she ignored the eyes from students who were on the same path as her.