kang taehyun

she and the unknown boy ealier sit on the grass next to each other but he seems to be in deep thoughts instead, keeps moving as if he wants to speak something but whenever he opened his mouth, nothing come out.

as she grew impatient, she heavily sighed before putting her crossed arms on her chest. "tell me."

" w-what?" the boy stuttered, completely avoiding her gaze.

" what, what? why do you asked me something like that? and why are you so quiet? i'm pretty sure you want to say something." she scooted closer to the boy.

" if i tell you this, please don't laugh, okay?" he said, fiddling with his fingers while bitting his lower lips out of nervousness.

without waiting for her answer, he immeditately blurted out,
" i'm a ghost."

she was expressionless. sitting there with an unreadable expressions and not even uttering a word. seeing the getting silent, the boy grew curious and nervous at the same time.

but the silence doesn't last long when y/n bursted out laughing out of nowhere. putting both of her hands on her stomach while each of her laughs only grew louder. tears at the corner of her eyes, threatening to fall anytime soon.

" i told you to not laugh" he said sternly before walking away from there, leaving y/n who's now still laughing.

but soon the laughters dies down when she realized the boy earlier wasn't having it at all.

" hey, you are joking...right?" she said, growing anxious as she also approached the boy who's now glaring at her slowly.

" do i look like i am?" his tone was harsh, making y/n swallowed bitterly. it can't be, can it? it must be a joke.

" there's no way.." she said, immediately backing off step by step when the boy only got closer to her.

" oh, yes way." he said, teasingly smiling as he leaned foward.
she definitely wasn't having it— keeps convincing herself to not believe such things but she knew the boy wasn't joking with that expressions of him.

and she was even certain that he ain't lying when she finally realized that the said boy has a slightly transparent body.

thats the last thing she remember before everything went black.

her heavy eyelids fluttered opened as she blinked her eyes multiple times, trying to adjust with the bright light that was slipping through her eyes. it was a blurry sight for a second.

as soon her eyesight got clearer, she wasted no time scanning her surroundings. that's when her eyes caught a blond haired boy sleeping peacefully on the sofa, eyes shut closed.

y/n reminiscing the events happened earlier in a flash. yes, the sudden confession that doesn't make sense.

she remember the boy confessed that he's a ghost but then, was it just a dream? but the boy is now right infront of her, it can't be a dream? but what if the boy was just joking? but that also can't be, she's certain that he's stating the real by just looking at his slightly transparent body. it wasn't fully translucent, just a little bit. you won't even realize that just by a single glance.

so she decided to encourage herself by calling the boy, " hey, wake up."
you can say that it's working when the said boy eventually fluttered his eyes opened, making y/n grew anxious at the thought that theres a high chances that this boy right infront of her wasn't a human being.

" oh hey, you woke up." the boy said, scooting closer to y/n who's now bitting her lips out of nervousness. silence took over for few seconds since no one's uttering a word.

" oh, about just now...was it true?" she makes herself brave by asking that question but didn't bother to look at his eyes.

" obviously?? i was stating the truth. should i prove you then?"

" no need. i will just try to get used, i think??" y/n forced a smile on her face eventhough deep inside she's still a frightened.

" chill, i'm not doing anything to you." he assured, still has a blank expression plastered on his face.

" ...okay" she nodded, feeling more nervous than she already was. she's not sure why but she feels like the boy can be trusted.

" what's your name?" he suddenly asked, making y/n snapped back into reality.

" y/n. lee y/n." she simply asked, giving him a small forced smile.

" y/n? you're a student here too?" he asked, making her curious at why is the boy right here asking something like that as if it isn't obvious already. like dude, she's literally wearing the school uniform right now? other than that, what does he mean by 'too'? he used to be a student here too?

" yeah, why?" she brushed off all her thoughts as she formed her lips into a thin line.

" how come i never see you before?" he said and that sentences itself making y/n's curiousity grew bigger. what if he's the boy that everyone has been talking about? no way, that's impossible, they said he just went missing not die. but then come to think of it again, it's possible too since no one knows what exactly happened to him. what if its really him? the owner of the empty seat next to her?

" you were a student here too?" she encourage herself, been dying to know who is him.

" yeah but not anymore, i guess?" he scoffed making y/n furrowed her brows in confusement.

" uhm..hey can i ask you a question?" she asked the boy earlier making he slightly tilted his head out of curiousity.

" nothing, really. i just want to know your name." she cleared her throat, have no idea why she feels embarrassed all of a sudden.

" that's all? you just want to ask that?" he asked, lightly giggles.

" uh yeah.." she scratched the back of her nape, realizing that it was just a simple common question and why does she need to be so nervous to ask that simple question? she mentally facepalmed, feeling embarrassed all of a sudden.

" its okay, you're nervous i guess. after all, i haven't introduce myself yet." he slightly chuckled before smiling softly to her.

" so, whats your name?" she asked, waiting patiently for the boy to answer.

the boy smiled softly making y/n stared at him in awe before deciding to open his mouth to answer the easy question.

" taehyun. kang taehyun."