𝙀𝙩𝙚𝙧𝙣𝙞𝙩𝙮 ✿

y/n stared blankly at her room's window, few droplets of tears flowing down her cheeks nonstop from her glossy eyes. Mind still bothered by certain someone as her fingers mindlessly fiddling with the necklace that was shining under the night moonlight.

It was past midnight yet she didn't even bother to go to sleep. If anything, she cant even get a wink and she can bring herself to sleep no matter what she tries. Oddly enough for her, her soulmate sense in tingling but it wasn't in a bad way, making y/n actually wondering if something's happening to taehyun now. After all, she still want to stay by his side during their thick and thin eventhough they're no longer in relationship.

Heck, she can't help but to cry even more. She just can't stop reminiscing the past, everyday was nothing but her missing him.
Shouldn't she be happy that Taehyun was willing to try to love her again? But why did she's so upset? because it was forced. She can't help but to think that Taehyun wants to learn to love her again just because they're soulmates.

She hates it that she's always be the one who overthinking. She knows she can trust taehyun. He's one of the genuine people she have ever seen. But as a human being, she can't help but to think otherwise. If anything, she wants Taehyun to love her truly, not forced, neither because they are soulmates. She just wants him to find himself someone better, someone that can make him happy, someone that he truly love, someone that can stay with him no matter what happened. She wants him to be happy.

The abrupt door bell ring accompanied by the aggressive knocks on her door making her snapped back into reality almost immediately, brushing off all her disturbing thoughts that's been occupying her mind ever since.

" who could that be?" she whispered to herself before mindlessly approaching the door, not forgetting to wipe off her remaining tears. It was odd for someone to suddenly come at this hour but y/n found herself opened the door nevertheless.

She swung the door opened, revealing the least expected people standing at the door frame all covered with sweats and red puffy eyes. " t-taehyun..?"

"y/n"

" w-what are you doing here-"

"y/n..."

" if you ever miss me, look at the stars. I'll be there too." as the words come rolled of his tongue, his eyes immediately turned glossy, staring at the girl who's now standing still with wide sparkling eyes and  mouth parted slightly, shooting him a disbelief look.

" you..taehyun-" before she can even finish her sentences, taehyun was quick enough to pull her closer by her waist, and without thinking any further, he sealed their lips together.

y/n was astounded by the abrupt kiss, but soon relaxed herself when the boy wrapped his arms around her waist, caressing her waist softly. She immediately found herself kissing the boy back, as a single tear slipped from the corner of her eyes.

She sneaked her arms behind the boy's neck, pulling them even more closer as she closed her eyes shut, tilting her head slightly to deepened the kiss. She dont know how to feel, the feeling inside her was undescribable. She was overwhelmed, feeling the spark blooming inside her. 

They both was in awe, lips moving in sync, hearts' palpitating in inhuman speed, cheeks heated up by the sudden warmth. Safe to say that both of them enjoyed the feeling, enjoying how they are this close with each other.

Finally a real kiss that has full love written all over it, she would be lying if she said she wasn't missing it. After all, she's been longing for it.

Taehyun bring up his hand to her cheeks before caressing it softly, getting rid of the fallen tears with his thumb his other hand still gripping her waist tightly, feeling like the girl almost fall from his grasp.

" i miss you." she whispered between the kiss, before they both completely pulled away, out of breath as they attached their foreheads together, gasping slightly while staring at each other's black dark orbs, the eyes that has love in it, also the one who never fail to make their heart skip a beat. Not to mention the eyes that always shining under the moonlight, the one that hold the whole universe inside.

" i miss you too." he whispered, placing a kiss on top of her head lovingly.

" y-you remember?" she said as her voice come out shaky, hands interlocked tight with his.

" I remembered. everything. from the start." he smiled softly, his free hand caressing her cheeks lovingly, eyes not leaving her sparkling one.

" I'm sorry that you've waited so long." he speak again but y/n was fast enough to immediately shooked her head in denial.

" no, i'm happy. don't think about it. It wasn't your fault, neither mine. what's important now is that we're finally together again." she flashed him a contagious baby smile that he can't help but to return the same.

" I thought theres no way for you to gain your memories back. thats why i thought i should just give up."

" I know right. I also thought theres no way that i would regain my memories back. But, don't you think its the kiss that made me remember you again?"

" really?" she had her eyes slightly widened, truly not expecting they only need one kiss to fix everything back.

"i can't wait to spend the next day ahead with you." she simply pecked his cheeks before smiling sheepishly.

"thank you for still waiting for me. thank you that you haven't completely give up for me yet." he smiled slightly, eyes immediately turned glossy once again. " and most importantly, thank you for still loving me."

" even if you won't gain your memories back, i don't think i'll ever stop loving you though. I love you too much to do that."

" I'm sorry that i left you alone for weeks. I promise that it won't happen again." he said, raising his pinky that y/n wouldn't think twice to interlock it with hers.

" I know it won't happen. i trust you." she planted a peck on his cheeks, before smiling sheepishly, both cheeks heated up by the sudden warmth. fortunately enough for them that it was dark that they red tinted cheeks wasn't visible enough to see.

" i want to got on dates with you, i want to do everything that we weren't able to do before." he holds her small hands, squeezing it lightly.

" can't wait for that." she would be lying if she said she wasn't thrilled. God knows how happy is she right now, finally be able to do things that she's been wanting to do before.

this was even more better that they've ever expected. The unexpected feeling that growing inside them, the butterflies that never leaving their stomach, the uncontrollable urge of being close to one another. Just how much they wished for time to stop. Everything was perfect for them, they couldn't ask for more. Enough of being by each other sides, their bond is growing stronger. It was inevitable. After all, they really are destined, universe wasn't playing with them at all. They are soulmates, and they are fated. Forever bounded with each other.

" I love you, y/n."

" I love you too, taehyun."

" for eternity?"

" for eternity."

and that was a story of a ghost, who's succeeded in finding his soulmate in 40 days, resulting them to forever be in love, spending the rest of their lives together without regrets.

as their loves remain for eternity,  Not even the universe can come in between.

THE END