TWENTY-SEVEN

✿ TWENTY-SEVEN ✿

"I wasn't looking where I was going; 

I fell into your eyes"

___

She hadn't been able to sleep the whole night, except for perhaps a short twenty minutes of intense twisting, turning and crying, from which Octavia had woken her up because she'd smacked the girl in her face, twice. After that, she'd grabbed a blanket, waited till Octavia and Nate were both asleep again and moved out of the tent, finding a sweet spot near one of the still smouldering fires. It didn't give off a lot of warmth, but for that she had Panther. 

She stayed seated like that until the stars slowly faded away, the moon made place for the sun, the darkness for the morningred. With little interest, she watched a searching party assemble near the gates of Camp which consisted of Bellamy, Clarke, Raven and Finn amongst others, none of whom she felt the need to be near. Though Clarke's mom must also have been on that Exodusship, she was sure handling it a lot better, but looks could be deceiving.

She observed the way Bellamy was commanding the group, handing out guns to several individuals, until his eyes fell unto her. He appeared to excuse himself, quickly making walking to her, which earned him a questioning look from at least Clarke. 

"We're going out to expect the landing site," Bellamy informed her. "Do you want to come?"

"No thanks," Katherine replied shortly, both not having the energy or the mood to make some snappy or sarcastic remark. She looked away from him, not being able to look into his eyes without tears feeling well up, focusing her eyes on the smouldering wood in front of her instead. "Good luck, though."

She imagined he must have nodded, because no words left his mouth, but she did hear his footsteps disappear into the direction of the gate, and through it not much later. When she looked up again, the whole searching party had left and the rest of camp was slowly waking up. Not feeling the particular need to be surrounded by people, in fact, feeling an intense longing for her isolated cell, she found a quiet place in the Dropship where she'd stocked all of her medkits, medicine and herbs. It was at the highest level, which meant that all of the substances were locked away safely from sticky hands.

Half of the day she spent organising all of the medicine, restocking and processing raw materials, the other half she spent in Raven's tent, working on the duds and the gunpowder. Both left her with plenty of space and time to overthink things, but she didn't particularly mind. At least her mind had opened itself up to some happy memories, which left her chuckling every now and then, followed by such an endless stream of tears almost immediately afterwards she had to step away from the table or else she'd blow the whole tent accidentally. 

It must have been late in the evening when she finally came out of the tent, since once again the stars were shining bright in the sky and the full moon was glowing. Quitely and trying to avoid as many people as she could, she found her way to Monty and Octavia, who were sitting near the gates, listening to Jaspers boasting. 

"Hey Erin," Monty greeted her softly. He neither apologised nor sent her a piteous smile, for which she was grateful. 

"Evening, Monty," she greeted back, taking a seat on one of the logs. She let out a loud sigh, sticking her hands in her pockets and resting her legs over Panther's body. "What are we doing?"

"Listening to Jaspers twisted version of the truth," Octavia said bitterly. An obvious expression of agitation was plastered on her face and she too had stuck her hands in her pockets, though appearing way more aggressive due to it. "Homeboy's really trying to score with the ladies."