ELEVEN

✿ ELEVEN ✿

"The more I see, the more I know

That everyone just wants a show"

___

The five of them walked through the woods, getting closer and closer to camp with every step they took. Bellamy was carrying the body of Atom, Clarke kept up a pace that had the rest wondering if death was their heels, and Katherine was just trying to keep up without grunting like a maniac every time she put all of her weight on her bad leg. Finn was walking next to Clarke on one side, Wells on the other.

"If you ripped any of your stitches now would be a nice time to tell me," Clarke broke the silence, looking over her shoulder at the struggling younger girl. For a split second her eyes wandered to Bellamy, who wasn't budging from Katherine's side though it was obvious he could walk quite a bit faster.

Katherine wondered why now would be a nice time. They had just taken somebody's life, even if it had been an act of mercy, and they had to get to camp fast to save Jasper. It wasn't as if they could just sit down and restitch her leg here and now. So, instead of wasting too much energy on answering, Katherine just shook her head.

"Yeah, are you okay?" Bellamy joined in on their conversation. He looked at Katherine curiously. "You seemed pretty zoned out just a couple of moments ago."

That comment left Katherine more agitated than she could even understand herself. Her blue eyes snapped towards Bellamy and she caught him staring at her. She had been doubting before, but she was pretty sure now that it had been a mistake to tell Bellamy. And quite stupid too, because even though she had acted as if she didn't care, she had still given him a weakness. Without getting anything except a load of bullshit and a guy seeming to be walking on eggshells around her in return.

"Can't you just mind your own business?" Katherine snapped back. Her voice was laced with so much annoyance that even she was confused for a brief moment. She figured that most of her annoyance wasn't even directed towards Bellamy, but that she had taken it out onto him anyway. Ever since he had tried to tie his belt around her leg she had a feeling he was trying to solve her like some puzzle, sifting out her thoughts and behaviour. And to be frank, she didn't want Bellamy to find out any more about her.

Her sudden burst of anger had left the whole group speechless. Bellamy even appeared to be slightly insulted, while Clarke just concluded that something must have happened before the five of them had met up. Katherine just felt like she was going through an endless circle in which every action she took resulted in more bottled up anger and irritation. With a feeling of homesickness nestled in her stomach, she realised she missed her isolated cell. In that cell, it was just her, her mind and occasionally an idiotic guard. She didn't have to worry about how she appeared, and guys like Bellamy and Frog-Face didn't even have a chance of getting under her skin.

She was just glad it was dark and that the group couldn't see her probably blotched skin and her red-rimmed eyes. She had been left with a feeling of disgust ever since that unexpected trip down her personal memory lane and she hated herself for it. At first, she had been relieved, but over the years that feeling had been replaced with resentment. She sometimes still couldn't wrap her head around the fact that she had really done it.

Looking up, Katherine saw the lights and fires that told her that they were getting close to camp. She took a sideways glance at Bellamy and wondered if she should apologise. He had sounded sincere, not that necessarily meant anything good, but it was better than his usual ritual of nasty comments. She decided against it in the end, because he would probably just laugh in her face.