TWENTY-NINE

✿ TWENTY-NINE ✿

"She's taken my heart

But she doesn't know what she's done"

___

She woke up as she felt someone softly push a wet, cold cloth to her neck. The first thing she noticed that she didn't feel half as bad as she bad before. She didn't hear the buzzing of flies, the drilling of a bore or the crackling of electricity. The only thing she heard was coughing at regular intervals, which made her come to the conclusion that she was in the Dropship with the sick. At least her head wasn't aching anymore, neither did it feel like she'd only had one functioning lung.

She opened her eyes carefully, not wanting to be exposed to too much light and get herself a fresh headache. It took a while for her eyes to get adjusted to the light and to focus, but when they did, she was surprised to see who was sitting beside the hammock she was lying in. She'd expected Octavia or Clarke cooling her skin, but it was Bellamy, who observed like could pass out any minute.

"What happened?" she asked, not remembering a single thing from what she guessed must have been the past hour. Her throat itched and not being able to suppress it, she let out a cough. There was still some blood in her hand, but from the dark colour she concluded that it was old blood, which was good. She looked up from her elbow to Bellamy, his endless eyes making her heart flutter.

"You had a seizure," he said, pushing the cloth to her cheek like she was made of china. His voice sounded unbelievably gentle, something she hadn't heard before.

"Well, that's a first," she muttered under her breath. She'd never had a seizure before, but then again, she'd never been infected with some unknown human-made virus either. Taken by a gulf of tiredness, she let out a charming yawn and closed her eyes. Not a second later, she felt Bellamy push two fingers to the jugular in her neck. A shiver crawled down her spine, and with an amused smile, she opened one of her eyes. "I don't die that easily, my sincere apologies."

Bellamy looked at her like she'd caught him doing something embarrassing, and he let out a scoff. "Yeah, it's a shame," he said, pretending to roll his eyes uninterestedly. "Here I was, waiting all this time for your sarcastic remarks to finally be gone permanently..."

"As if death would stop me," Katherine replied, chuckling light-heartedly. She heard Bellamy huff good-naturedly and as she turned her face, watching that small smile covering his face, her heart leapt. His eyes found hers, brown against blue, and the smile faded ever so slightly from his face. Her mind took her back to the night they'd kissed. They'd never talked about it afterwards and she wasn't the one that wanted to start the conversation. The kiss had been meaningful to her, but for all she knew it was just a one-time-thing for Bellamy. Another name on his list. She didn't want to make the mistake of falling into one of his traps. The smile faded from her face as well.

Luckily for her, Octavia joined her side at that very moment, offering her a cup of fresh water. Gratefully, she took it, putting it to her lips carefully.

"Can't the two of you just kiss already, it's embarrassing to watch," Octavia muttered, rolling her eyes.

Katherine, who'd been drinking in a lying position, got a whole gulp down the wrong way and immediately started coughing like her life depended on it, which it sort of did. Bellamy helped her in a sitting position, which made her feel light-headed for a second, gently hitting her on her back. As she coughed, she shot Octavia a look that said she should shove off.

"Go terrorise somebody else's life," Bellamy said to his sister, nudging with his head in the direction of the other sick.

"I'd rather terrorise yours," Octavia replied. Her voice was a mix of good-willed sarcasm and slight hate. Obviously, she'd still not forgiven her brother.