TWENTY-ONE

✿ TWENTY-ONE ✿

"So I'll settle for one day

To believe in you"

___

Katherine hurried towards Finn, watching in horror how the boy was seizing. She grabbed his shoulders, pushing him down onto the operation table to prevent him from falling off again. Immediately she noticed how hot his skin felt and she felt her teeth sink away in her lower lip. This wasn't good.

"Get my mother on the radio," Clarke said, taking over Katherine's position.

Katherine quickly turned away to her table, she needed boiling water, but there was no way she could get that with the storm going up from above. A wave of dread washed over her, causing her to let out a stressful sigh as she crushed some chamomile into a cup of water. They had sterilised everything, but Katherine had a bad feeling that it might be a case of poisoning.

"The radio is dead, interference from the storm," Raven answered, looking lost. "Please don't let him die."

Katherine decided to ignore Raven's comment, because it would only make her feel more helpless. She grabbed the cup with chamomile water and placed it close to Finn. As soon as he would stop seizing, he would have to drink it. If he was able to, at least.

"It stopped," Clarke said, though she looked anything but relieved.

Katherine quickly took her hint and helped her turn the boy to his side. She let out a grunt of effort, deciding that as soon as the weather was better and a new day had come, she should start to train her muscles. She felt like a wishy-washy.

As soon as she noticed some foamy fluid leaking out of Finn's mouth, Katherine gestured for Raven to take her place. She didn't have any doubt anymore. She had read a lot about poisoning, the fever, the seizing, the foaming. Finn was showing the perfect case. And they had sterilised everything, except for one thing.

Katherine shook her head, letting out a choking sound as she grabbed the knife from the table. She turned to Clarke, who seemed to be panicking. "Clarke," Katherine said softly. She held up the knife to show the blonde. "He's poisoned. They poisoned the blade."

Clarke scoffed in disbelief, grabbing the knife. "Unbelievable," she said. She walked towards the ladder, looking over her shoulder as if to ask Katherine what she was waiting for. "We need to figure this out quick."

"You tell me," Katherine muttered under her breath as she followed Clarke up the ladder. She was impressed by her. If it had been someone she loved on that operation table, balancing between life and death, she would have lost it.

"They locked the hatch," Octavia said as soon as the two of them entered the second level.

"We'll see about that," Katherine scoffed, shaking her head in disbelief. Bellamy she might have trouble with, same for Drew, but if she would ask Nate to open up, she knew he would do it. "Hey, open up, or else I will make sure Panther will rip all of your-"

Katherine stopped mid-sentence as she saw Bellamy's face hanging over hers, showing a smile so sweet and fake that it must have hurt the corners of his mouth. "No need for threats, sweetheart."

"Move it, jack-ass," Katherine replied, not feeling the tiniest bit impressed by Bellamy's hateful comment. As soon as she entered the landing, she felt Panther circle around her legs. She tried to block out everybody as she knelt down by the crate on which the box with vials was located. For a second she felt her head grow heavy, feeling afraid with the task at hand.