THREE

✿ THREE ✿

"When the stars look down on me

What do they see"

___

"Monty," Katherine mumbled in amazement as she stared at all the trees around her. She slapped her best friend on his shoulder, as she observed all the plants. She didn't know there were so many different shades of green and brown, but yet here she saw them with her own eyes. 

"I know, Erin," Monty replied, slapping the girl softly back. 

Earth was not nearly as beautiful as they made it out to be on the Ark, it was even more amazing. Katherine had read so many about Earth and all the secrets it was supposed to protect and after spending four years alone with her mind, she had created all kinds of vivid imagines of how Earth would look, but none of those imagines could surpass the real thing. 

As she turned around she saw the same blonde who had been seated next to Wells Jaha in the Dropship and all of a sudden she realized who she was. Clarke Griffin. Even though she was a year older than Katherine, they had been in the same classes and they always had a competition going on for best student in class. 

Katherine smiled at the bittersweet memory, but at the same time, she was happy with the fact that at least one of the prisoners had a nice brain capacity. She looked over her shoulders to the two boys, who looked like they could jump around all day with the amount of energy they held, and she smiled. "I'm going to head over there for a bit, don't get lost without me."

Both Monty and Jasper nodded, but Katherine highly doubted whether they had really understood her words. Not that it really mattered, they would probably join her soon enough. 

"Clarke Griffin," Katherine announced herself to the blond and seriously looking girl. Next to Clarke stood the Chancellor's son and Katherine acknowledged him with a nod. She noticed the map that was draped over a piece of metal from the ship and immediately she forgot about the two teenagers standing right next to her. 

Fascinated she stared at the map, on which Mount Wheater, the one which Chancellor Jaha was talking about during the landing, was marked with a star. With her eyes, she followed the line over the green and slightly yellow area until it ended, the ending marked with another star. Starting to get an unpleasant gut feeling, Katherine looked at the scale that was drawn at the bottom of the page. 

"Oh no," Katherine muttered underneath her breath. She looked up to Clarke, who was looking at her with a sense of familiarity. It was only then that Katherine realised her mistake. Both people standing next to her were kids from higher authorities, people who knew of her crime. The only thing she could hope for is that at least their parents regarded their professional secrecy seriously, so she put on a pretty smile and tried not to stare too much, knowing that some people found her eyes creepy.

"I'm Katherine, I was in both of your classes," she introduced herself. She clasped her hands behind her back, hoping to give off an open impression. She let out a soft sigh. "Well, that was before I got arrested, obviously."

"Ah, I remember," Wells replied, not giving any indication that he knew of Katherine's crimes. "You were the one going up a year and doing all subjects, always going neck and neck with Clarke."

Katherine forced herself to smile, while she rocked on her feet. "That would be me."

"That should mean you also figured out that they dropped us on the wrong mountain," Clarke joined in on the conversation, pointing her hand to the map she had laid down on the entrance of the Dropship.