SEVENTEEN

✿ SEVENTEEN ✿

"But that don't right

The wrong that's been done."

___

"Katherine, wake up!" 

"Don't scream so loudly, I'm awake," Katherine grumbled. She turned around, shaking Nate's hands off of her shoulders. She pushed Panther from her legs, the animal giving only a grunt in dismay, and put on her boots and a jacket. "Why is everybody talking so loudly? I need peace."

"There's a pod coming from the sky, you should see it!" Nate said excitedly. He threw his arm around her shoulders, thinking she was shivering because she was cold, and guided her outside. 

It surprised Katherine to see so many people up. Of course, there was always the night owls, who preferred the night over day, but almost the entire camp was up. She looked across camp, to where Bellamy just got out of his bed, followed by two girls. She rolled her eyes, guessing there were many ways to deal with grief. 

"They've come to help us," some guy screamed. "Now we can kick some grounder ass."

Katherine let out a loud sigh and suppressed the urge to state that it was only one pod with at most two people. And that by the speed of which the pod was going, it wasn't even a given fact that the people inside it would survive. 

"I hope they brought some shampoo," another girl said. 

This time Katherine couldn't resist the urge to let out a loud sigh. "How about some medicine, a radio and decent food, huh?" she said, rolling with her eyes. She earned an angry glare from the girl, which she answered with one of her own. "Airhead," she muttered to Nate, who let out a loud chuckle.

"Lack of sleep is making you salty," he grinned, earning him a shove in the ribs. 

Katherine decided not to react verbally on Nate's statement. She looked up at the sky, where the pod was quickly nearing Earth. She sincerely hoped that it contained some medical supplies, something she could actually work with, instead of using this and that plant. Even though it might be too late for some people. 

"Octavia," Nate said, letting go of Katherine and grabbing the younger Blake by her arm. "When are we leaving?"

"Bell said it was too dangerous to go out now," Octavia said, rolling her eyes. She looked from Nate to Katherine, giving her a sad smile. "We will leave at sunrise."

As soon as Katherine heard those words, her brain started working overtime. With the information she had been given yesterday, information she still hadn't entirely processed, she could only think of one thing. Since day one he did everything he could to prevent communication with the Ark. He would be afraid that everybody figured out it was him who shot the Chancellor and that he would get floated for his crime. He could easily prevent that by jacking the radio from the pod. And he could impossibly do that with people surrounding him. 

"Katherine, are you feeling well?" Octavia asked, carefully grabbing the girl's hand. 

Being brought back to reality, Katherine shook her head to create some order. Then she looked at Octavia and gave a loud sigh. She wondered if she knew what her brother had done. "We might be leaving at sunrise, but he will leave as soon as everybody is back to bed."

Quickly, Katherine shrugged Octavia's hand away and made her way across camp. Bellamy's tent was almost directly opposite to hers, so it was easy to find. Not necessarily angry, but also not particularly happy, she walked into Bellamy's tent. For a second she froze as she saw the two girls sitting on his makeshift bed, only covering themselves with blankets.