FIVE

✿ FIVE ✿

"Don't know what I was thinking,

Now he's no longer living"

___

Curiously, Katherine looked up from the poppies in her hands. Yesterday she had made small cuts in the capsules of the flowers so that the white milk of the poppy could dry out. Now the capsule was covered in a brown, syrupy substance, that Katherine scraped off with a blunt piece of metal. She didn't like to call it a knife, for the word alone sent shivers down her spine.

"Who took your wristband?" Katherine asked though she knew it was an unnecessary question. Wells just looked over his shoulder, not bothering to answer. Katherine couldn't blame him. When she had joined him early in the morning to work on her plants, he had already dug one of the two graves for the kids who died during the landing. She hadn't seen anybody else lifting a finger to help him.

"What are you doing?" Wells asked while he smacked the Earth covering the first grave.

"Making morphine," Katherine answered, not looking up from the sheet of the parachute on her lap. As of now, there wasn't much to work with, but she had only done seven poppy plants. When Katherine didn't hear a reply, she looked up, only to see Wells looking at her quizzically.

"You're joking right?" he asked.

"No," Katherine answered curiously. She threw away the used up plant, picking up another to scrape off. "I haven't done it before, that much is true, but I've read it somewhere. I know what to do."

"You better don't tell anybody else," Wells muttered. He went to walk to the second dead kid, who had been stripped of all his clothes and belongings, and he grabbed the dead weight under his arms. Unceremoniously, Wells threw the kid in the second grave, causing a severe feeling to engulf Katherine.

"I know how to handle this," Katherine muttered underneath her breath. For a while, she focused on her plants again. Before she went to bed yesterday, she had claimed a piece of the parachute for herself, giving Murphy a nasty face while she was at it, and she had ripped it apart in small parts so that she could carry her plants and medicine around with her.

It was only after a while that Katherine noticed that Wells had left with the clothes. Feeling her mood go down in just a few seconds, she rolled her eyes and wrapped her plants up. Surely this couldn't be just a peaceful morning.

After being almost run over by a group of guys who were goofing around, much to Katherine's annoyance, she was able to locate Wells. When she saw he was talking to Murphy's sidekick, whose name she learned was Atom, she immediately regretted her decision to follow Wells. He was a big boy, right, and seeing nobody had spotted her, she could still turn back to work her magic.

"Well, look who has decided to join us, our very own wicked witch," Bellamy announced her presence. He caught her eyes with a smirk that made Katherine want to gag. He was sure to hold her stare as he went to grab a shirt from Wells's hands.

Katherine had to admit, Bellamy could have been a Greek god. His dark hair was messy and slightly curly, instead of neatly slicked back like yesterday. The freckles dancing across his cheeks and nose seemed to stand out more and Katherine didn't even want to look at his abs.

"You can join me anytime you like, sweetheart," Bellamy chuckled, after seeing Katherine's facial expression.

She quickly recovered, trying the nasty feeling that was overcoming her. She hated guys like that. Even though the guardsmen liked to call her a witch and worse, they liked it better to force themselves upon her. It had been such an experience that got Katherine got locked up in the first place.