EIGHT

✿ EIGHT ✿

"Oh, and I found love where it wasn't supposed to be, 

Right in front of me"

___

Katherine woke up three days later, feeling surprisingly well. During the procedure of Clarke taking more than an hour to stitch everything back together, Katherine had mostly been passed out. The times that she wasn't had been hell, her screams could probably have been heard on the Ark. 

For the past few days, she had mostly been out as well. Apparently, Monty had learned somebody how the get as much milk of the poppy from the couple of poppy plants that Katherine had left, and they had been giving it to her every couple of hours, as well as water and food at certain intervals. 

Curiously, Katherine took away the sheet of fabric that functioned as a thin blanket, only to see that her leg had been bandaged up. Looking next to her, she noticed clean bandages and a bundle of goldenseal, a natural antiseptic. She also remarked that Clarke had probably used a lot of goldenseal for Jasper. 

Taking everything at an extremely slow pace, Katherine unwrapped the bandage from her leg, biting down hard on her lip as she felt the wounds sting. Looking at the uncovered stitches, Katherine nodded in approval. Clarke had done a neat job, making her look a lot less gruesome than it had yesterday. 

After Katherine had refreshed her own bandages, she noticed a pole laying next to her. She chuckled softly, that had undoubtedly been the work of her best friend Monty. Using the wall to support her, she slowly scrambled to her feet. Grabbing the walking stick, Katherine softly set her good foot in front of her, putting all her weight on her bad leg and the stick. She hissed in pain, though it surprised her how easily she could do it. She took another step, every step getting easier after the next. Before she knew it, she was out of the damned Dropship and walking in camp. 

"Katherine!" she heard someone scream. "You should be resting!"

Curiously, Katherine turned around, seeing Octavia run towards her in an accelerated phase, coming from Bellamy's tent. The younger Blake looked at her in fascination, wondering how she was able to hide her pain so well. Katherine looked at the girl her age unimpressed, shrugging her shoulders. "Very princess-like thing to do, that's true enough."

Octavia rolled her eyes, her expression changing from a determined to an apologetic one. "I shouldn't have said that, it was unfair."

"Yeah, it was," Katherine agreed, turning her back to the girl. She noticed several different groups of people assembling, Bellamy and Murphy's sidekick included. At the same time, Jasper let out a bloodcurdling scream, causing a shiver to travel down Katherine's spine. She turned back to Octavia, looks of horror on both the girl's faces. 

"Dropship," Octavia quickly said as she saw her brother approaching the metal structure as well. She took off running, but seeing Katherine couldn't keep up the pace, she turned back and wrapped an arm around the girl's waist, basically dragging her along. 

"Oh god," Katherine muttered, trying to keep up while not ripping all of her stitches simultaneously. Even though she didn't particularly like the girl, she still put her arm around her shoulders, leaning on her and her walking stick. 

They reached the Dropship first, but that wasn't the end of it. They had brought Jasper to the upper level, and getting there was quite the quest for Katherine. She went first, hopping awkwardly with her good leg while letting her bad leg dangle to the side as if it was a paralysed limb. If she would rip her stitches now not only Clarke would hate her, she would hate herself as well.