𝐿𝑢𝑐𝑘𝑦 𝑀𝑒

"I'm leaving" I said to Lily as we walked back to her house.
"But you can't leave! I'll miss you" she said holding my arm and pouting at me.
"I know, I'll miss you too. Mum isn't giving me an option. And you know she will give me shit if I even try and argue"
We stopped walking as we got to the white picket fence protecting a colourful and well manicured garden.
"I know, I know. Just don't forget, I still love you" she stood up on her tippy toes and kissed my cheek as I bent down for her
"Don't worry, I couldn't forget those puppy eyes." I wrapped my arm around Lily's waist while she cuddled into my side. Her head gently resting on my chest
"I'm sure mum will let me come and see you" she said with a warm smile while looking up at me. I gave her a smile in return and a small kiss on her forehead.
"It's a four hour drive Lil, but I'm sure we can work something out"
I unclipped my skateboard from my bag and laid it down on the ground while Lily tangled her fingers though her long, blonde hair.
It was a Friday afternoon, three days before I started in a new school. I hadn't told Lily the day we were leaving as mum had changed the dates multiple times. Last I checked we were leaving sometime over the weekend so as I could be ready to start school on Monday.
I gave Lily a quick kiss and said goodbye before I kicked off from the ground and began to feel the vibration through my feet as the board carried me down the sidewalk. After a few minutes I turned the corner onto my street and saw a large moving van parked in our driveway.
Looks like mum changed her mind again I thought as I slowed to a stop before grabbing my board and heading inside. I dodged around the many boxes with different rooms and names scribbled on them before running upstairs to quickly move my own few boxes down. I knew mum wouldn't box anything for me but I thought she would at least get them loaded up.
I carried the big box down and slipped it in with the rest without her noticing and went back up to get the others.
"Hurry up Luka. We don't have all day" I heard as I started back up the stairs.
"Yes mum" I said as I walked back into my bedroom. I grabbed the smaller box and stacked it on top of the medium one then carried them both out and down to the front door where one of dads friends grabbed it off me to put in the truck.
"Wow, kid, you can lift" he said as he sat them down in the truck with a grunt.
I awkwardly laughed and went back upstairs to my room before picking up the last few things and putting them in my backpack. With my room now just containing some broken drawers and a mattress on the floor I grabbed my skateboard and headed downstairs.
"Luka" mum started as she came from the kitchen.
"We're leaving tomorrow morning. If you're not in the car by 6, you can find your own way there" and with that, she disappeared back into the kitchen.
I was used to this. I didn't really mind too much when she acted this way over small things, as long as she doesn't tell dad it's fine. He's the one I worry about.
I headed outside and skated my way back to Lily's house watching as the lights flickering on and off along the deserted street.
I saw the little lights through the partially covered window of the small house that lily lived in and slowed down while I pulled my phone out to text her
Open up
I dropped my bag next to my board then a few minutes later I saw the curtains slide over and her window crack open. I jumped over the low picket fence and around the rose bushes to her window where she grabbed my collar and kissed me once I was close enough.
"Hello to you too" I said quietly as I climbed through her window.
"Just shut up and kiss me" she muttered as she pushed me against her wall and kissed me roughly.
I gently pushed her off me and looked into her eyes as I told her we were leaving in the morning. She proceeded to give me her puppy dog eyes and plead with me to stay but after explaining what mum had threatened she gave up.
"This sucks. I finally get a super cute boyfriend who is actually really sweet and he gets stolen away from me" she said while sitting on her bed throwing her hands around.
I leant down on my knees in front of her and held her hands gently.
"I'm sorry Lily. I wish I could stay, I really do. I promise I'll call you when I get there"
"Can we do phone sex? Or is that too weird?" She questioned
I laughed at her and kissed her again before standing up and heading for the window.
"I'll send you heaps of photos and call you when we get there" I said to her as she held onto my hand.
"Photos constantly and call me every night" she corrected.
"Oh! And don't forget to message me about how much you love and miss me" she added before closing the window and curtains behind me. I sighed quietly and jumped back over the fence and picking up my stuff. She's crazy I thought to myself before heading back home.

* * * * * * * * *

The next morning when my alarm went off I quickly grabbed the last few things and headed down to the empty living room where I waited for mum and dad to come down.
"Car. Now" my dad, Dominic, grunted towards me. I quietly headed to the car and sat in the back with my bag and skateboard at my feet. Dad threw a few bags in the back before sitting in the drivers seat while mum put a few things on the seat next to me then sat in the front next to dad and in front of me.
The trip was just over 4 hours long. We drove through a few different larger cities and smaller towns before it was just large open fields and forests. I spent most of the time staring out the window or sketching in my notepad while dad had his favourite heavy rock songs blasting. We finally arrived in a very small town mostly surrounded by a large forest. We drove past the school and a few small shops before turning down a few different roads and heading right up to the end. We pulled into a long driveway that ran right up next to the house and stopped inside the garage. The front of the house was pretty run down but it had a decent front yard. I grabbed my things and started walking around the garage where I found a small path running between to the backyard which was fenced on the two sides while the back fence was broken in places which led into the forest right behind. Over the fence I saw some rusty, old, kids play equipment while the other side was just an empty, overgrown block of land. I would take a guess as to how dad could afford this place but it was probably illegal.
I spent the afternoon unpacking the boxes while mum pottered around decorating. Mum had mentioned something about dad being busy with work now that he had been promoted so he wouldn't be around much. But for now, it being the weekend, I'm pretty sure he's off at the bar and knowing him he wouldn't be home until the early A.M.
I cleaned up and unpacked most of the lounge and kitchen stuff for mum before heading up and unpacking my room. Once I'd finished putting together the dark wooden bed frame and somewhat making the bed I pulled my phone out to call Lily.
"Babe, what the hell?!" She called once she answered
"I'm sorry, I got busy with unpacking and forgot to call you"
"How do you just 'forget' to call your girlfriend? You literally left this morning and you're already forgetting about me. Did you meet any one new?"
"No, I literally spent all afternoon unpacking and cleaning" I replied.
Honestly, she can be so dramatic sometimes.
"Okay. Well, mum wants me to get some sleep so I'll chat to you tomorrow, love you" she said while making kissing noises at the phone before hanging up.
I laid down and looked around at the blank walls and watching the way the moonlight formed through the window before slowly drifting off to sleep.
Tomorrow I will try and work out how to get to school and maybe I'll even meet someone that knows where it is.