𝑌𝑜𝑢 𝐿𝑖𝑘𝑒?

- 𝙰𝚕𝚎𝚡𝚒𝚜'𝚜 𝙿𝙾𝚅 -

Luka left some clothes on the bed, a forest green tee and some black sweats, along with a towel before he had left to get something for lunch. I took some time to look around in his room before grabbing the towel and heading for the direction he had gestured towards in search of the bathroom. It didn't take long as I followed the sent of his body wash, still lingering from his shower this morning.
The bathroom was a decent size, a dark bench along the opposite wall with a sink and some toiletries scattered under a large window, the left wall had a large glass wall blocking the shower with a glass door half open, while the wall which the door was on had some hanging towels in a beige and grey. I sat the dark blue towel Luka had given me on the empty counter before I stripped my clothes off and stepped into the shower.
"Luka? Is that you?" A woman's voice called as I washed the conditioner out of my hair
"Shit" I mumbled as I quickly rinsed off the body wash before killing the water and grabbing the towel
"Uh, no, it's Alexis" I called back, cringing my face as I gripped onto the towel that now hung around my body
"Oh" she said, the surprise on her voice obvious
"Sorry, Luka said it would be okay if I had a quick shower. He's just gone to get some stuff for food" can I just die now please?
"That's okay, take your time" she replied.
Why didn't I bring the clothes in here?
I triple checked the towel was tightly wrapped and covering everything before I slowly opened the door and looked around. I couldn't hear any movement nor could I smell anything so I have no clue where Nicole could be. Quickly and softly I made my way down the hall, my dirty clothes balled under my arm, and darted into Luka's room before closing the door and getting dressed as quick as possible.
"Oh, there you are" I heard Nicole say as the door clicked open.
"Oh, hi mum" Luka replied, bags rustling
"You didn't tell me we had company again" she said, with a tone of anger rising.
"I didn't know you were going to be home. I'm sorry" Luka said softly
"Don't make a habit of it. The last thing I need is to be walking in on some girl naked in my house" she threatened.
"I'm sorry Mum, it won't happen again" Luka apologised again, his voice so soft and broken
"You've gotten me all worked up again Luka. I'm trying with you but you make it so difficult" she sighed
"I'm going to Pam's. I'll be home late, leave my plate in the fridge and do not bother me" she added before I heard a door slam and Luka growl before putting the bags on the bench.
I opened his door quietly and slowly made my way downstairs where I saw the grocery's sprawled out over the white marbled countertop and a sweet Luka putting a wooden cutting board down with a large knife next to it.
"Hey" I said softly
"Hey" he replied, his voice still quiet
"Are you okay?" I asked as I hopped up onto the bench next to the food and dangled my legs off the counter
"Yeah, I'm guessing you heard mum?" He questioned
"Yeah, a little hard to miss"
"Sorry about that. Did she say anything to you before I got here?" He stood in front of me and ran his hands up my thighs to my waist while his soft green eyes looked at me
"Questioned if you were in the shower and was very surprised when I awkwardly answered"
He shook his head with a groan and laid his head on my chest
"I'm sorry she's so weird" he mumbled as I ran my fingers through his brown hair.
"It's okay. I'm sorry I upset her"
"It wasn't your fault. She gets weird sometimes when things aren't planned by her. You just surprised her. She will be fine later. Anyway, you still hungry?" His voice picked up as he looked at me with a smile
"Of course" I replied as I kissed him gently. He returned the kiss before walking around the counter and picking up the knife before effortlessly dicing up the different vegetables. I spun around and crossed my legs on the counter to continue watching him as he prepared our meal. After cutting up a whole bunch of different vegetables I couldn't even begin to name he tossed them into a pan and covered them in different herbs and spices before placing it on the stove and washing off the dishes.
"You know what you're doing in the kitchen don't you?" I asked as he pulled out some large pieces of steak that made my mouth water
"I've been cooking most of the meals since I could hold a knife. Dad always said if I didn't cook it I didn't eat it" he stated as he began to season the meat before putting it on the steaming hot pan and causing it to sizzle
"We had a chef at the pack house that would cook heaps off food and it was just like an all you can eat buffet" I laughed
"What have you been eating since you were kicked out?" He questioned, flipping the steak over
"Mostly just whatever I can find for cheap at the shops. This is probably the first cooked meal I've had other than our date" I admitted.
"You should have told me Alexis, I would happily cook for you" he smiled as he plated the perfectly medium rare steak next to the roasted vegetables. He took the two plates over to the table as I turned back around to let my legs hang and slipped off the bench before walking over to the seat opposite him and sitting down.
"Holy shit Luka!" I exclaimed as I took a bite of the tender meat
"You like?"
"I love. This is hands down.. the best.. steak.. oh my god" I muttered through mouthfuls, unable to shovel the food in fast enough. The warmth of it heating me from the inside and finally sedating the growls of hunger I had been ignoring.
"Mum would kill me if I had you over for dinner every night but she would have no clue if I took an extra plate to my room. Next time you're hungry, please just tell me and I'll get you something" Luka spoke softly and gently with his sweet emerald eyes staring at me.
It was at this moment I felt truly happy. I'm not sure if it was the totally amazing food or the totally amazing guy or the sheer lake of food and decent sleep I'd been getting but I swear I'm in love. I mean, he's my mate so obviously I was going to love him but I never expected it to feel so.. good
"I love you" I said quietly
"I love you too" he replied, his goofy smile cutting through as he held some meat in his cheek.