𝐶𝑜𝑢𝑛𝑐𝑖𝑙 𝐶𝑜𝑛𝑛𝑒𝑐𝑡𝑖𝑜𝑛𝑠

-𝙰𝚕𝚎𝚡𝚒𝚜' 𝙿𝙾𝚅-

"He was basically dead when I got to him, how did his wolf not heal him?" I asked Bek as we sat on the bus together. After our secret meeting Conor and I had left with Kara, Siv, Bek and Archer who is Siv's mate. Currently we are all on a bus that will take us most of the way home as our wolves were basically made dormant from the power of the council apparently. 'The closer to the council you get, the sleepier your wolf will become. It's a great defence, honestly' Bek had said as we boarded the bus and sat down. I was sitting with Bek while Siv and Archer sat together and, to no surprise, Conor jumped at the chance to sit with Kara. 'You wouldn't understand. She's a fucking babe' he said after she got on the bus and he had pulled me aside for a look I gave him.
"I think he may have some sort of ability that will explain that. You have a speed power, you're impossibly fast, even for a werewolf, correct?" Bek confirmed
"Yes, no one has ever caught me, except Luka. He has no trouble keeping up now"
"And with what you thought was his transition you said it was all the same, just slow?" She began correcting some notes on her phone as she continued to ask all her questions again for the fourth time
"Yes. He had the heightened senses, the weird food cravings, the sparks when we touched" my heart ached as I thought about him and I suspected if my wolf wasn't sleeping she would be howling for him too.
"It may be possible that due to the abuse he received as a child his wolf just never came forward and you 'turning him' helped awake it" she thought aloud as she continued with her notes.
"He's tapped into other mind links too. He could hear my father like they were in a pack together and he could reach Conor when we were miles out of range"
"Fascinating. That's so strange. I can't wait to meet with him" Bek trailed and continued with her repeating of notes and humming and I began to drown her out as I listening in on Conor.
"So you grew up in the council?" He had asked, his arm now lazily dropped over the seat Kara sat in, her 'fancy businesswoman' facade dropping.
"No, I moved there when I was fourteen with my father after he met his mate" she tucked some hair behind her ear as she spoke. Flirt.
"That's cool though, do you miss your old pack?"
"Sometimes, but I was never really attached to them much. We lived in a large apartment building with over seventy pack members across the floors where as the council have hundreds of people, human and supernatural alike" her shoulder was now moving closer to his arm as they spoke together. This was making my heart ache for Luka more. I should be the one cozying up to my mate not these two hookups. I tuned them out and turned to face the window where I watched the greens and blues of the scenery blur by.

********

"Lex, let's go" Conor called, jolting me from the window. I must have fallen asleep because it was now late afternoon and the bus had stopped in a small country station.
"Sorry, coming" I groaned as I stretched and stood up
"We should be there in about fifteen minutes" Siv announced as she opened the door to a large car. Archer sat in the drivers, Siv in the passenger, I sat with Bek over in the very back seats as we were smallest while Conor and Kara sat in the middle seats.
"Where'd you get the car?" Conor asked, his arm back around the seat with his fingers gently drawing circles over Kara's shoulder.
"Council Connections" Siv Stated
"Cool, so, Kara" he smiled as he turned to face her and continue their conversation as I again drowned them out.
I watched as the few buildings became trees which turned to open plains then the trees came back, denser this time, darker. I dropped the window a little and the fresh breeze began blowing my hair as my nose filled with the familiar scent of home and before long we were pulling into the driveway of Luka's house.
"How did you know which house was his?" Conor asked, his mouth hanging slightly open
"Council Connections" Siv stated again. Everyone pilled out of the car and I made my way to the front door first, my wolf was now pacing, needing Luka's touch to calm us I fumbled with the doorknob. I expected to see Luka waiting for me or even running to get the door but instead, I was greeted by strangers.
People rushed around the living room, kitchen and dining areas, people I didn't know. The smell of home was replaced by blood and salty tears. People cried, people yelled in pain and people argued. I couldn't see, hear, smell or even feel Luka anywhere and I began panicking.
"What the fuck?" Conor blurted as he stumbled through the door
"I can't find him" I stammered, my heart racing and sweat beginning to form over my body
"I'm sure he's here somewhere" Bek said as she took my hand and pulled me out of the way as more people came inside
"Langdon, what's going on? Why are you here?" Conor asked, pulling a tall blonde haired boy aside.
"Conor, the Alpha's, they've lost it. They started killing anyone who even looked like they would retaliate!" He blabbed, rushing through his words in a panic. He sounded like I felt.
"Alexis!" A boy with dark red hair called as he rushed over to me
"Ryan?" I questioned as I saw the freckled face boy from school emerge
"Its Luka, he is sending everyone he can here, it's a massacre out there. The two dock heads of the bad pack have lost their minds. They want as many people to fight with them and anyone who won't is being attacked by some guard force thing" he stated
"Is he okay?" I half yelled, my heart nearly stopping
"I don't know, it's been at least a few hours since I last saw him" his eyes were sad as he spoke
"He found us in the woods, sent us here then about ten minutes later someone else came here and fifteen after that a group came in saying he had found them too" he continued
"But why is he not here?" I demanded, my blood running cold as my mind raced over the possibilities
"Last I heard he was fighting his dad and had taken out half the guards"
"Where? Tell me where! I need to get to him! I need to help him!"
"Lex!" Conor yelled as he pushed me aside and I hit the wall. I was about to yell at him when the door I was standing next to flew open, Luka rushing through carrying a woman in his arms, both covered in blood