𝑇ℎ𝑎𝑛𝑘 𝑌𝑜𝑢 𝐴𝑙𝑙

I've never done anything like this before but someone said it was a good way to tell someone you have lost, all the things they have missed. So I guess I'll give it a shot.

Dear Mum,
I miss you. I'm sorry about all the things that ever happened to you, you didn't deserve it. Neither did I though. And you stood by while it happened. I don't blame you for it though. I tried to kill him, to make him pay for what he did to you, to make him hurt like all the people around him have, but I couldn't do it. I had him pinned to the ground, all I had to do was push a little harder and he would have died. But I couldn't do it. I couldn't let him have the easy way out, but I also couldn't live with knowing I stooped to his level. To take someone's life, like he has done so many times, I couldn't do it. That was a few weeks ago but I still wake up at night thinking about it. Apparently I showed the moon goddess that I am worthy enough and deserve to be an Alpha? I don't know how to be an Alpha. Everyone looks up to me and expects me to know what to do. I feel like I am failing but I have Alexis by my side. She is what they call a Luna, like a queen. She knows how to run a pack, and she keeps me going too. You would have really liked her, she's amazing. We started renovations to the house and the ones next door as there are over thirty of us now. While I was cleaning I found the box you had given my birthday present in, I never noticed the note you left. If you were a hunter, why didn't you kill him? For generations your family hunted the supernatural yet you married one? I like to think he was better before I was born. I also found the title deed to the land here that you left in my name. Thank you. I wish I could thank you in person. Maybe one day I can. For now I'll let you go.

Love, Luka.

I folded up the paper and slipped it into mums old jewellery box that now sat on my bedside table before heading downstairs to greet everyone.
"Morning Alpha" multiple people greeted as I walked through to Alexis, who was sat at the table eating her breakfast. I gave her a kiss on the forehead before calling the attention of the room.
"Good morning, the renovations next door should be finished today so anyone wanting to move in should make sure they are signed up and packed. Our littlest pup, Tala is one month old tomorrow also" I smiled at Lyall who held his newborn baby in his arms
"We also have a small gathering out by the lake this afternoon for anyone wanting to attend, and I highly recommend you do" I finished with a smile before sitting down next to Alexis and stealing a pancake from her plate.
"Hey!" She growled and snatched it out of my mouth
"Here you are Alpha" Abby smiled as she sat a plate in front of me, pilled with my favourite breakfast items
"You can call me Luka, I've told you that" I smiled
"Sorry Luka, it's habit" she laughed
"Thank you" I said before I started eating.
Being alpha is so weird. Everyone expects me to be so formal and always call me Alpha and do anything and everything for me. I just want them to all relax around me. Hopefully they loosen up this afternoon because I will be stressed enough for all of us combined.

********

A small bonfire was crackling near the lake where some kids were splashing and pack members mingled around. As soon as Alexis and I jumped onto the large rock though, everyone went quiet.
"Thank you all for coming" Alexis smiled
"I know you're probably all expecting some big speech or something but I'm terrible with that so instead we will just have a quick chat" she laughed. I looked around at all the people admiring their Luna, my Alexis, and I knew I was making the right decisions. She continued talking about the different things going on, different people joining us and the people we lost in the fight while I continued watching her.
"And unless anyone has any more questions-" she shot Conor a glare "-then I think, we are finished?" She said
"Not quite, sorry. Just one more thing I wanted to mention" I added as I took her hands in mine
"Alexis" I started and I saw as her eyes begin to fill with tears as she gave me a criticising look
"I know that these last few months have been crazy, but if that doesn't sum us up I don't know what will. I know we are both still young but you are my Luna" I started as I got down on one knee and pulled a small box out of my pocket
"And would you be my wife as well?" I asked her as she smiled, her tears flowing over the brim of her eyes
"Of course I would Luka" she smiled as she lifted the thin necklace out of the box and the watching pack cheered
I stood up and gently took it from her hands as she turned around and moved her hair aside where I then hung it softly around her neck and clasped it together.
"It's beautiful Luka" she smiled through her tears
"Almost as beautiful as you" I cheesed as I kissed her
"Now, let's party!" Conor called as he turned on some loud music and grabbed Kara's hand to dance
"I love you" Alexis said with a smile
"The necklace, thank you, it's beautiful"
"I knew you wouldn't be able to keep a ring on with shifting and training so I figured you'd enjoy a necklace more" I smiled
"You know me so well" she giggled
We danced and sang long into the night before most of us slept under the stars listening to the soft breeze in the trees, gentle wash of the lake and the dying crackles from the fire.
I can't wait to live my life with this pack and watch everyone grow.