𝑀𝑜𝑜𝑛𝑠𝑡𝑜𝑛𝑒

Our food was delivered and we sat and ate it while talking about random different things. Her laugh was so intoxicating and genuine, I loved to hear it. Her smile lit up her eyes and the way she tucked her hair behind her ear was so sweet. I'd been admiring her while she sat in front of me, looking down at the chocolate and cream cheesecake she ordered that now sat in front of her.
"Here you are Luka" Brittany said, pulling my eyes away from the brown beauty in front of me
"Thanks Brittany"
"You can call me Brit, or we can come up with some pet names for each other" she winked at me and dropped a piece of paper on the table in front of me. Eight digits scribbled on it with three little x's.
I looked up at Alexis and saw her eyes darken as her brows furrowed.
"He's taken Brittany" she said her fists balling tight
"He will be tonight. Won't you baby" Brittany licked her lip.
"I probably will be. Alexis doesn't like not being in lead but I find it rather hot" I looked straight at Alexis as she started to giggle
"I'll do you one better, you can take me however you like" Brittany tried
"I'll take the check from you?" I asked with my sweetest smile. "My girlfriend and I would like these to go" I added, earning a smile from Alexis.
"Ooooohhkay then" Brittany dragged before leaving for the front desk
"That was sexy" Alexis said as her foot nudged mine
"Meh, she's not my type"
"What is your type?" She questioned
"Hmm, 5 foot sweet with skin like caramel? Long brown hair, deep brown eyes, caring but totally unafraid to stand her ground, happy to beat someone if they need it but also super sexy and knows what she wants"
"Damn, that's precise. Too bad. We should probably break up then" she hid a smile
"Why's that?"
"I'm 5'7. Not your type"
"Oh bugger. I guess I could deal with it" I shrugged my shoulders as Brittany dropped off some containers for our deserts.
"She's so pissed" Alexis giggled. I packed our deserts into the containers then stood up and picked them up before holding my hand out to help Alexis up. She took my hand gently and we walked over to the front where I paid before we went back to the car.
"Hey, I just have to grab something if you want to wait in the car? I won't be long" Alexis said as we stood outside.
"Yeah no worries. Did you want me to come with or?"
"No it's okay. You wait here, I'll be back in no time" she gave me a sweet kiss before turning and heading off down the street. I got into the car and started it up and sat and listened to the music we had playing earlier. Before long she was back, the door suddenly being jerked open causing me to jump.
"Hey gorgeous" I said trying to play off the fact that she has scared me
"Hey yourself" she said as she buckled up
"Ready to go?" I asked her
"Yep. Let's go"
I pulled out of the parking space and headed back the way we came. After leaving the town she directed me up a small road that lead into the trees. After a few minutes we found ourselves pulling into a small clearing that overlooked the trees and fields we had first driven through.
"Wow" I breathed
"I used to run up here when I was trying to get some space from dad" Alexis said softly
"You ran this whole way?" I questioned. We must have been at least another 15 minutes from home and atop quite the hill.
"You can cover quite the distance on all fours" she giggled as she got out of the car. I got out and walked over to the front of the car where I leant against it, taking in the view. Not only was there an outstanding view of the hills and trees but I also saw Alexis. The most beautifully perfect woman I'd ever laid eyes on. She turned around and came to lean next to me and pointed out over towards the trees
"Just down in there I have a small bag with some clothes in it just in case I need them" she laughed
"We should come back here. It's beautiful" I said quietly as she rested her head against my arm.
"We can do that for sure but for now" she started before headed off into the trees only to return a few seconds later with a bag "A picnic" she said with a giggle. She pulled out a small blanket and laid it on the grass in front of us then went and got our packaged deserts and sat down on the dark blanket, throwing her boots off to the side. I laughed and laid down next, propped myself up with my elbow and watched her taking out the desert pizza I had ordered.
"Hey Luka" she started as I looked up at her
"Hey Alexis" I replied as I put the now empty container off to the side of the blanket
"Happy birthday" she said with a smile and handed me a small wrapped present.
"What? You didn't have to get me anything" my brain clicked as to why she ran off so quick after dinner.
"I wanted to" she said as she laid down in front of me and watched intently as I pealed off the light brown paper revealing a small woven black and grey bag. I slid the zip back and gently tipped out three small rocks.
"Gemstones?" I questioned as I held them up individually to look at them. The first was a crystal clear one with a slight tint of blue while the second was emerald green and the third a beautiful teal blue colour.
"Yeah. I don't know if you're into that kind of stuff but"
"Moonstone, Peridot and Aquamarine" I stated softly as I gently put them back in the little bag
"Yeah" she mumbled
"Aquamarine is my birthstone. But I'm guessing you knew that?" I laughed
"Yeah. Peridot is mine" she smiled as she rolled onto her stomach, her sides barely brushing against my front
"August?" I questioned as I ran a few fingers through the strands of her hair and gently tucking them behind her ear
"The third"
"And moonstone?" I questioned as I noticed the same peridot and moonstone gems in her small earrings.
"For the moon goddess. To watch over us"
"So if you're an august baby, what's your star sign?" I questioned, my hand now running slowly along her side
"Leo. And you would be an Aries?"
"Correct. So we're both fire signs hey?" I laughed.
"And compatible" she winked followed by a giggle
"I've always loved the colour of the peridot. They are almost identical to your eyes" she looked over at me with a sweet smile
"I'm glad you like. I can't say yours match but they are incredibly beautiful anyway"
"Yeah, mine are hardly a gemstone"
"Actually, there's a brown variant of the moonstone" I pulled my phone out and googled the 'chocolate moonstone' and showed her a photo of the brown stone in the same shade as her eyes.
"Though you're more of an obsidian when you do that" I laughed as her eyes darkened
"I never used to have black. They were so bright" she rolled over and laid on her back as I started tracing my fingers over her arm
"Just because they are black doesn't mean they don't shine"
"You're sweet"
"You deserve it"
"Hardly" she scoffed
"Why?" I rolled onto my back and scooted closer to her
"I'm a screw up. I can't keep a family or a pack"
"You can keep me" I said softly as I held her hand
"And even then, the moon goddess probably believes you're worth more" I added
"Well if she picked you to be my mate she's sure aiming high for me"
"My parents have always treated me like I don't exist or I'm just something they can use. My ex cheated on me the second she could and the only friends I ever had never tried once to talk to me outside of school. I moved here and now mum is actually talking to me like I'm actually her son and I've even got a good friend at school who genuinely cares about me and on top of it all I have this stunning girl who is so incredible and is always there for me"
"And head over heels for you" she added quietly
"Falling, are we?" I laughed
"How the shit did you hear that? I said that so quietly!" Her face blushed with embarrassment and she rolled onto her side away from me. I scooted over to spoon her as my arm snuck around her waist
"It wasn't that quiet" I confessed softy into her neck causing her to let out a soft moan.
"You didn't deny it either" I added
"I told you I wouldn't lie to you, didn't I?"
"If we're being honest, I'm falling for you too"