𝐷𝑜𝑛'𝑡 𝑆𝑡𝑜𝑝 𝑅𝑢𝑛𝑛𝑖𝑛𝑔

- 𝚁𝚢𝚊𝚗'𝚜 𝙿𝙾𝚅 -

I opened my eyes only to be greeted by darkness. My whole body was aching and cold, I felt like I could hardly move. Sitting up, I noticed I was on the floor, most likely made of concrete or something, and my ankle was stuck in some sort of chain that connected to the wall behind me.
"Good morning, Sunshine" sung a voice from the other end of the room. A bright light shone through as a door opened and a large figure came to stand in front of me.
"You're the first one to wake up, so you get the first pick" he said as she dropped a plate to the floor, the sound echoed off the walls
"Where am I?" I asked, my throat dry and sore
"Doesn't matter" he mumbled before walking out and closing the door, encasing the room in darkness again.
I looked over at the plate as my eyes adjusted and I saw what looked like some small loves of bread.
1...2...3...4...5...6...
"7?" I questioned quietly
"One each I guess" sounded a faint female voice from my left
"Each? There are 7 people in here?" I asked, squinting around the room
"Well, there are three people.. the rest of us are something else" another, deeper, voice spoke, this time from my right.
"What do you mean?" I asked, pushing myself against the wall
"Werewolves" he smiled, his teeth baring fangs that glinted in the low light
"You don't have to scare the boy, Lyall" the lady said with a sigh
"May as well have some fun before we all get killed" he shrugged
"Killed?" Another voice squeaked
"It's okay, Mason, he's just trying to scare" the lady soothed
"You all know each other?" I asked
"Not all of us. My name is Rijeka, this is my Husband, Lyall. Over there is Abby and her husband, Farkas. I don't know you or the girl next to you but the other is Mason, you might know him, he goes to your school"
"Ryan" I said softly
"Well, Ryan, I bet you're in a world of worry now" another man laughed.
"Rijeka, Lyall, Mason and I are all werewolves and part of the Blood Wood Pack. My mate, Abby, is part of the pack too though she is still human. You and your friend there aren't known to us." Farkas continued.
"Ryan is friends with Stone" Mason said quietly
"You know Luka Stone?" Lyall asked
"Well, yeah. We have most of our classes together. Why?"
"You don't know, do you?" He teased
"Know what?" I asked
"Luka is a werewolf. Turned by his mate who was kicked from her pack" Rijeka said.
Suddenly my mind started racing as my heart hammered against my chest. That's why Luka had disappeared for so long when school started and why Conor was so fixated on him. I knew something was up with Conor but I had no idea Alexis and Luka were in on it too.
"Quiet, someone is coming" Mason breathed and everyone sank into the walls as the door opened.
"Those two" one man grunted as another came over and grabbed the person next to me while the first grabbed Mason. Mason started kicking and screaming against the older man but he was no match, and was quickly carried out the door while the girl was slung over the mans shoulder who slammed the door shut behind them.
"We have to help them!" I argued as I tried to pull my leg from the chain
"We can't do anything. And if you don't shut up they will come back down for you!" Farkas said, fear evident in his voice.
"Wait, down? You know where we are?" I asked, quieter this time.
"Well, yeah. I used to guard these dungeons" he said
"So you know how to get out?" I asked
"I know the lay out and the guard posts but there is no way out. I'm telling you" he laughed
"I'm sure there is. What kind of benefits do you have, being a werewolf?"
"You're not freaked out at all but actually curious?" Abby asked softly
"Well, I've had my suspicions on Conor and his goons for a while but I didn't know about Luka" I confessed
"We have strength, speed, senses and can shift into our wolf forms. They vary based on the person and wolf, how old, what rank, so on and so forth. We are all weakened by the cell walls though. So we aren't as strong or as fast as usual" Lyall stated
"We also have someone who is heavily pregnant and none of us can shift" Abby added with a sigh
"If we work together I'm sure we can do it" I offered
"How did you guys get stuck down here?" I asked trying to lighten the mood
"They are planning an attack. I didn't want to leave risk it, being 30 odd weeks pregnant and they tried to lock me down here but Farkas wouldn't let them past. I think you can guess who won that fight. Abby was taken as a jab at Farkas for betraying the Alpha's and Lyall because he lost it when he found out they had taken me" Rijeka said.
"Wolves are weak when they aren't with their mate. So naturally they separated us. Lyall and Abby on one side, Rijeka and myself on the other"
"The girl was Mason's girlfriend. I've seen them together at school. They never leave each other's side. Mason even switched classes to be with her" I said, recalling the girls face as she was carried out.
"Must have been his mate. She was human though and they haven't mated yet. I guess the pack didn't know that" Rijeka said before she let out a soft groan.
"What is it?" Lyall asked, panicked, as he shook against the chains on his wrists
"It's okay, Honey, she's just kicking" Rijeka cooed as she rubbed her large tummy with her hand. I noticed she, Abby and myself were tied by our ankles while Lyall and Farkas were held with their arms stretched above their heads and still standing.
"Are you sure?" He asked
"Yes, it's okay. We just don't like the cold, do we sweetheart?" She asked with a soft smile
"How far along are you?" I asked her
"34 weeks yesterday" Lyall smiled as he relaxed against the chains again
"Our little Tala" his eyes sparkled and I realised how much love this tall, strong, tattooed man had for the woman and his unborn child. He would do anything for them.
"My parents put me up for adoption when I was 3 weeks old" I told them
"I'm sure they had a good reason, honey" Rijeka said softly
"I'm not sure. My adopted parents are lovely though. I like to think I got a lucky redraw on the parent card. You two will be amazing parents though, I can tell" I smiled
"It's a long hallway. Cells on each side, big one at the end. That's where we are. Once you get up the stairs it leads the the back end of the pack house. From there you can get out the back door and run. And don't stop running" Farkas said, and with one swift motion he threw his feet into the air before bringing them back down against the wall and ripping the chains out of their sockets. He landed on all fours and ran over to his wife before quickly ripped the chain from her ankle and moving over to Rijeka. Abby got to Rijeka as he finished breaking the chains and went to Lyall while Abby helped Rijeka up. And before I knew it the two men where ripping the chain off my ankle, bending the metal like it was plastic.
"Don't stop running" he said as he burst the door open and ran. I quickly got up and followed everyone out the door.
"Hey!" Someone called as Farkas tackled a guard to the ground and lunged his hand into his chest and pulled out his heart. Suddenly I felt faint.
"Get her to Luka's. Don't let anything happen to her" Lyall warned, softly next to me as he kicked the back door to the house open and the sunlight shone through
"Go!" He yelled before pushing me forward
I grabbed Rijeka's hand and Abby's arm and started running. With a quick glance around I watched as Lyall and Farkas turned into black wolves and stated ripping other wolves and people apart.
"No, we have to help!" Abby cried as she tried to run back.
"We have to run! They will catch up" I hoped as I continued to pull the women to the forest.