𝐶𝑎𝑛'𝑡 𝐶𝑎𝑡𝑐ℎ 𝑀𝑒

"Mr Stone" the teacher warned forcing me to close my book and look up at him.
"Yes sir?" I asked
"Something I'm disrupting?" He cleared his throat and looked over his small round glasses at me while tapping his foot against the wooden floorboards
"No sir"
"Then you'll have no trouble answering the question written on the board?" He smiled proudly as he tapped his little extended pointer on the chalkboard behind him.

ℋℴ𝓌 𝓂𝒶𝓃𝓎 𝓅𝒶𝓇𝓉𝓈 𝒸𝒶𝓃 𝒷ℯ 𝒹𝒾𝓈𝓉𝒾𝓃ℊ𝓊𝒾𝓈𝒽ℯ𝒹 𝒾𝓃 𝓉𝒽ℯ 𝒸𝓇ℯ𝒷ℯ𝓁𝓁𝓊𝓂?

"3. The anterior lobe, the posterior lobe and the flocculonodular lobe."
"That's uh.. Correct" he stammered
I nodded with a small smile for him before looking back at my notebook I'd been previously drawing in. The deep red eyes that have since been haunting my dreams and occupying my mind. It's now Monday and I've barely slept between the nightmares and Alexis wanting to train and try and 'push my wolf forward' as she says. Apparently I just need to focus and push myself for him to come forward. But that shit is confusing and hard when I haven't slept.
After the teacher calling on me a few more times trying to embarrass me only for me to answer him correctly the bell finally rang and I was heading home on my skateboard when I heard Alexis running up behind me.
"Hey Luka" she called as she reached my side and matched my pace.
"Hey, want me to stop?" I asked
"Nah babe, I'll race you there" she laughed as she took off ahead of me.
I quickly pushed my foot down and picked up the pace to catch her only to hear her giggle as she disappeared around the corner.
"Wait till I ditch the wheels, I'll catch you" I teased as I turned the corner behind her and rolled to a stop out the front of my house where she was leaning against the fence.
"Hey slowpoke" she joked
"Piss off. I'll race you to the lake after I drop my stuff off"
"Go on then. I'll meet you under the tree" Alexis kissed me softly with a smile as she ran her hand over my chest leaving a tingling sensation behind. She headed off around the side of the house while I headed inside.
"Afternoon" mum mumbled as I walked passed her.
"Hey mum" I replied
"Your dad should be home soon so make sure you keep Alexis out of his sight because he won't be as lenient as I am" she stated
"Yes mum"
"Good boy. Now get off up to your room and do your homework or whatever" she smiled softly though I could tell it was half forced.
I headed upstairs and dropped off my bag and skateboard before changing into some grey sweatpants and a tight black tee with my black runners before climbing out of the window and dropping down to the grass. Alexis has shown me how to land the two story fall without hurting myself which is awesome, plus, I feel badass doing it.
"Damn, you've been practicing" Alexis cheered with a smirk
"I learn from the best" I replied as I jogged over to the tree she was sitting on.
"Nice pants" she mumbled as she hopped of the branch and ran her hands over my waist
"Nice shirt" I mocked, looking at her sports bra
"Hey, I wear this for you" she laughed as she twirled around before falling against me.
I wrapped my arms around her shoulders and kissed her softly
"I'm not complaining" I smiled
"Still a race though baby" she giggled before running off into the trees. I quickly ran after her and followed as she leaped over rocks and trees before jumping up and grabbing a branch to lift her legs over a large bush of which I ran around.
"Can't catch me" she teased
"Don't need to, the view back here is better" I replied with a smirk earning a giggle.
Alexis slowed down at the edge of the trees before the clearing and grabbed my hand as I caught up to her before pulling my body against hers. She wrapped her arms around my neck as she deepened our kiss and I pushed her against the closest tree.
"Honestly Luka, I'm surprised you can keep up so easily now. No one from my old pack could keep up but you're making easy work of it and you haven't even shifted yet" Alexis breathed as I kissed my way along her neck
"Just wait, I'll beat you one day" I joked as I nibbled her ear
"Doubtful. But I'm glad you've got some hope"
Alexis laughed and pushed me off her then wondered into the clearing before taking her shoes off and sitting down.
"How can I keep up with you if I haven't shifted if the others couldn't and had shifted?" I asked as I laid down next to her on my side.
"I don't know. It's not like my pack was slow. Father always said I had a talent for speed" she smiled
"Do you miss him?"
"Sometimes. But then I remember how easily he gave up on me and it just pisses me off" she laughed
"I feel like I couldn't miss my dad. He's always away for work and rarely home but when he is home he treats me like I'm just in his way. No matter what I do he's always annoyed with me" I told her as I picked a flower out of the grass
"My father was never impressed with anything I did unless it was something that would benefit it him. Like when I ran perimeter or training, nothing that I actually enjoyed" Alexis crossed her arms while her brows knotted.
"It was always work with him. Even when I literally saved his life from Conor he was still angry at me" she vented
I reached up and gently tucked the small white flower behind her ear and she smiled as she rested her head against my hand
"You were worth it though" she sighed as she laid down next to me and cuddled into my chest
"I'm definitely thankful for you saving my life" I smiled and kissed her forehead gently as I tightened my arms around her.