𝑀𝑎𝑡𝑒 𝐶𝑜𝑚𝑒𝑠 𝐹𝑖𝑟𝑠𝑡

- 𝙰𝚕𝚎𝚡𝚒𝚜'𝚜 𝙿𝙾𝚅 -

We lay in the grass, sweaty and panting, my body aching yet feeling so good. Luka smiled as he looked over at me next to him and I returned it. Trying to keep myself from marking him was already becoming difficult but in the moment of our climax, there was nothing harder I'd ever had to do. I wasn't going to mark him until he was able and willing to mark me back so restraining myself was all I could do but now, my wolf was begging to get out.
"And I thought our last night here was incredible" he joked, his voice deep and husky, his breath laboured.
"Tell me about it" I breathed, trying to contain my emotions before I shifted unwillingly
"Are you okay?" He questioned, propping himself up on his elbow and facing me
"Yeah, I'm great, it's just the feelings are super strong right now" I laughed. I couldn't help but look at his gorgeous face. His strong jaw line had a few beads of sweat glistening in the moonlight while his eyes still shone a brilliant green.
"Same" he laughed
"I think I might need to go for a quick run" I admitted quietly, not wanting to upset him.
"Now?" He asked, completely oblivious to the howling wolf inside me wanting to jump him again and mark him
"Yeah. Im sorry"
"That's okay, do you want me to come?" He was such a sweet guy
"I mean, I was going to shift but you can come if you want" I awkwardly laughed
"Oh you mean that kind of run? Gotcha" he laughed
"I can just meet you back at mine if you like?" He offered
"Yeah, okay" I smiled.
We got up and Luka put his pants and shoes back on and carried the rest along with mine. After a quick kiss he started off towards his house and I stayed back. Part of me was grateful he was headed back as I didn't know if I could trust my wolf to be so close to him but the bigger part of me missed him already. After his scent had started to disappear I decided to shift and ran the opposite way.
I ran for a while, my wolf fighting to go back to Luka and me refusing, before I found myself at the boarder of my fathers territory. I quietly made my way around the edge, careful not to overstep before I found a larger, dark grey wolf walking towards me, inside the boundary. I stepped behind the tree and shifted back to my human counterpart before peering around to see an older man with grey spots through his stubbly hair.
"Alexis, what are you doing here?" He asked with a smile
"I was just going for a run, hadn't realised where I was going until a few minutes ago" I laughed
"Don't let your father see you out here, he will loose the last nerve he has. On the other hand, Leah will be so happy to know you're okay" his smile was warm and caring
"Tell her I miss her. I miss you all" I admitted shyly
"We miss you too Alex, but, your mate comes first" he winked
"How did you know? I thought father was sweeping it under the rug"
"A little birdie told me you had found someone special and gave up everything for them"
"Mate comes first. How is Caroline doing, anyway?" I asked, recalling the injuries she had received the night we were attacked by Conor and his friends.
"Oh, yes, she's much better. She was up and moving about only last week" he grinned
"Oh I'm so glad to know! Send her my love. How about you, Shane? How are you going? And the rest of the pack?" I leant against the tree, carefully hiding my exposed body behind a large bush
"Yeah, I'm okay. Getting a bit tired of the boarder patrol but we only have 17 left. Some have left for stronger packs and others didn't survive the last attack" his face dropped as he spoke
"17? I told father he would loose his pack if he didn't get his head out of his ass" I grumbled
"I think once Caroline is better the three of us will be moving. The latest gossip is that it's not looking good. Another attack and we will be wiped out. Most of our fighters are still healing or refusing to fight, willing to surrender for a deal if they can. I just don't think I can see my family get hurt again, or loose them"
"Where will you be moving to? I honestly don't blame you for wanting to leave. I always did and I was in line for Alpha"
"Well, the Blood Wood Pack are out for blood and territory, and that just isn't right so I think we will be moving quite a ways away from them" he admitted.
"Well, I wish you all good luck with that. You should probably continue the rounds before the Alpha gets pissed. Give Leah a hug for me" I smiled and let my wolf take lead as we headed back to Luka's house.
How could there only be 17 left in the pack? Our pack used to be so strong. If only my father would have let me take the title of alpha. I'd run the pack so well. We could have taken on the Blood Wood's attack if he had of let women at least train so they could defend themselves and their children. But no, women are for inside, men for outside.
I began wondering about Luka and what kind of wolf he would be. Usually the turned mate just joins the pack but what if there is no pack to join? Rouges are only rouges because they broke a pack rule and were cast out. It wouldn't be fair for Luka to be forced into being a rouge if he never even joined a pack to begin with. Or maybe he joined my pack before I was cast out? What if he is still part of the Storm Forest pack? How would you even know? And now that I think about it, his eyes had a gentle glow about them earlier on the grass.

********

Quietly slipping through his window and closing it I looked around his room. He had a large bed against a dark green wall with some framed drawings of scenery hanging on it, a small desk, drawers and a standing mirror against the opposite wall, and a large, over stacked bookshelf next to the door. Above his desk and drawers were some more sketches, tacked to the wall. Luka was snoring softly on the bed still wearing his sweats and I laid down next to him before drifting off to sleep.