Cool to the Touch

YO ITS BONKY42

L I T

Peanut barely remembered his kidnapper. He shuddered, feeling glacial. The bitter cold pierced his heart that was once filled with warmth. It was a traumatic event. He thought... but no... it couldn't....

but he knew the truth.

it was.

it had to be.

Peanut sighed. He walked up to June, who was shivering, wrapped up in blankets. "I'm cold." She explained. "Gather Boomer and Gretta. This is... important." Peanut said. June motioned to her blanket burrito. "I don't think I can stand to face her right now." Peanut admitted shakily. June sighed.

"BOOMER! GRETTA! GET IN HERE!" June shouted. Peanut chuckled softly to himself. He supposed her method worked. Once the team gathered, Peanut lead them to his old designing room. He hadn't created anything new in months. With the June and Gretta drama and the kidnapping... he's been too stressed lately. And besides, the voice urging him to create had disappeared so suddenly. 

He questioned why things couldn't come so easily as they used to. Before June's unexpected arrival, he had come to sustain a happy life with the ambitious and scintillating warthog. She was his muse and he the charming visionary. Their love was a vivacious tango, each day felt as if it were their first. Peanut recognized that life with Gretta was much more, oh what is the word, simple. Reality struck him like a stray bullet to the chest. He pondered the thought for a few moments, but something felt out of place. 

A small smile stretched at the corners of his furry mouth. Peanut realized that he enjoyed this exhilarating lifestyle, he wouldn't trade the time he spent with his dear June for the world, not even for the one that he once loved and adored. 

His heart skipped a beat, but as he and his allies gathered around the design table, he was brought back to his grim reality. 

Peanut's throat went dry as he choked out the words he so desperately craved to speak. "I know why Steve has been missing." 

a/n 

This one has a hidden reference to a past chapter, see if you can find it! ;)

It hasn't been very long since the last update, but ya know. Snow.

Question of The Chapter: Would you like to see some of  the deleted scenes that we decided to scrap from this book??

Current Amount of Reads: 5,175 (tysm!)

Love y'all, rats and chicken strips forever amirite??