Weeknd, you son of a bitch! What's it gonna take for you to nail my wife???

YO ITS BONKY42

L I T

---

After many days and countless lost hours of sleep, the gang found Steve. He was at the Mountain of Splendor, the place where Peanut had been held prisoner. Gretta was the first to speak. Peanut trembled in fear. He could never look at his old 'friend' the same.

"Steve, how could you?" Gretta choked out. June stood beside Peanut, for once agreeing with Gretta. June didn't trust herself to talk. She knew Steve only as an intelligent, loyal friend. Why was he turning into this... this dark side? Why was June even here? She wanted to be home, even if she loved Peanut. She knew she could never have him in real life, but she missed her parents... and even Banky.

Never mind that. She had to focus on one issue at a time. She shouldn't make this about her. 

"Because, Gretta, you had eyes for only him. This mediocre playboy, who can't even decide his own feelings. I can. I love you, Gretta. And I know you feel for me, too, Gretta. Don't lie to me, I command this entire mountain."  Steve spoke with malice in his voice. His eyes were clouded with jealousy and hatred, and his quils were aimed for Peanut.

June staggered. This was not the Steve she knew. This was the exact opposite of the Steve she knew. 

"Steve... I don't know what to say." Gretta answered, looking back at Peanut, though her gaze now seemed confused and foggy, as if she were seeing through a trance for the first time. June tightened her grip on Peanut's waist. Boomer stood behind them, keeping watch for intruders.

"Be careful what you do say, dearest Gretta." Steve warned. "I never knew you felt this way. I must admit, it makes sense. You became so distant and estranged after June took Peanut from me. Was... was it because you thought you had a chance with me?" Gretta asked. Steve moved towards a big red button. June got the feeling that in this state, maddened by love and lust, he wouldn't hesitate to press it.

"Careful," June whispered, loud enough for only Gretta, Peanut, and Boomer to hear. Now that she knew Peanut was hers, and that Steve was most likely going to end up with Gretta, she decided to be a good friend towards the warthog. 

"You did think you had a chance. We were best friends. We loved each other platonically, but it was deeper than that. At least... at least it was for you. I was so dazed by Peanut, so charmed... it took me a while to see, but I've been thinking over the past few days. Peanut has made it clear who he chooses. I do not fault him, not anymore. I wouldn't want to be sloppy seconds anyway. Over these few months, most of all, I've missed you. I missed your wits, your intelligence, your wise kindness. Steve, I... I missed you, I really did, but after this whole Peanut fiasco, I think I'll have to wait it out and see how I really feel. I don't just want to jump from him to you. That wouldn't be fair to any of us. "

Gretta's speech was very moving, very convincing. But June just didn't know if it could calm Steve down. Would he believe her? Would he give her time? Or would he just kill his old friends? Would June die in this fantasy world, away from her parents?

No. 

She couldn't think like that. 

Steve smiled a wicked, creepy little grin. "I'm glad you've come to your senses, Gretta. Peanut does not deserve your grace. He would taint your beauty. Once you decide, I will aid you wherever you wish. Goodbye, my lovely. I will be here, waiting for you." 

Steve pressed a smaller, blue button. Gretta, June, Peanut, and Boomer were covered in light blue mist, and they appeared back in their clubhouse fortress. They all shared a haunted look, and headed inside.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Okay, lovelies!

Two chapters for you tonight! We realize that the title is a bit silly, but in our defense, the weeknd.

No we will not elaborate. 

But yeah, this is a relatively serious and long and important chapter.

Question of the Chapter:   What do you think Gretta will decide?