Bittersweet Reunion

YO IT'S BONKY42
LIT

Peanut POV
I searched her frightened orbs, my breath hitching in my throat as I attempted to speak. I was shocked at what I had entered upon. June was sprawled against the cold, hard floor. Her hair was a tangled mess and bruises littered her body. I couldn't believe what I was seeing. I ran towards her, enveloping her into my arms.

We embraced passionately. I clung to her as if she were the most precious gem I had ever laid eyes upon. She shakily wrapped her arms around my neck, a relieved smile could be seen on her youthful face. That smile, it had been so long since I've seen her smile in such a way.

My heart began to pound in my chest. After so many years, my feelings towards my dear June never faded. I longed to hold her in my arms forever, I never wanted to let her go again. But what of my relationship with Gretta? Truly I do not wish to shatter such a kind heart, but it is not her with whom I am in love with.

The battle within my mind continues to take place as I cup June's cheek into my palm. She looked into my eyes, searching them for an answer. I could not give her one just yet.

"Gretta, what has happened here?" I asked, focusing my gaze on the baffled warthog.

Gretta snapped out of her estranged daze, looking at me almost as if she were in shock. She gulped, her eyes glowing with heartbreak and envy.

"I-I simply came across her is all. By the looks of it, I would make the assumption that June was kidnapped. I got here before it was too late as soon as I heard her screaming."

Gretta looked at me innocently with wide brown eyes. Her confidence grew by the second, her story sounding more and more realistic as she began to exaggerate every small detail.

I nodded, taking in what information I had been given. I looked at Gretta, smiling a small smile. She became flustered for a moment, her hard gaze changing to that of an embarrassed one.

"Thank you, I truly appreciate what you've done for her."

I said kindly, stroking my thumb across June's hand gently. I felt June tense as soon as I spoke those few words. I knew deep down that there was more to the story. If only I had taken those warning signs into consideration.

...

Gretta POV (Bonus)
Oh Peanut, how could you be so blind? You are blinded by your love for that ghastly girl, so blinded that you cannot see your love for me. You will be mine once again, I will not let her ruin what I have worked so hard to achieve.

My dear Peanut, I hope with each waking minute of the day that you realize your mistake. None of this nonsense would've happened if she hadn't decided to come along. Just as things were finally starting to fall into place, they began to crash and crumple right in front of my eyes.

What is a warthog to do, a lovesick warthog who will do whatever it takes to secure her place. You will regret what you have done to me June Bailey, I will not let you forget it.

(A/N): ~ hello to all, thank you so much for all the reads! We truly do appreciate each and every single one of you. We deeply apologize for such a late update, but fear not, more will come very soon. Love y'all♡ ~