𝐂𝐇𝐀𝐏𝐓𝐄𝐑 𝐅𝐎𝐔𝐑𝐓𝐘-𝐍𝐈𝐍𝐄

Alexis's Pov

It was like word vomit, as soon as i started- i couldn't stop. I knew it was wrong and hurtful of me but it had all been building up for too long now.

I guess i meant what i said, he technically wasn't my brother and he hadn't been great to me over the last few years but i knew deep down in my heart that he was a brother to me.

As angry as i was, i instantly regret what i said.

How could i go and say that Harry had been awful to me over the years and then just go and say what i did to him?

I'd never felt so disgusted in myself, never in my life- not even when i hit Draco did i feel so awful.

I'd never seen someone so crushed from something that i had said.

I felt sick, thinking about what i'd said...

"Listen to what i'm saying, You're not my fucking brother"

He may not be my brother by blood but we'd grown up together, we'd survived together- so no matter what he will always be my brother.

But now i'd possibly thrown all that away, i'd possibly lost him all over again...maybe forever this time.

I'd been so selfish, thinking about my own feelings that i'd forgotten that Harry was still in the room and when i looked at him...he looked broken.

He was no longer stood up. He was sat against the wall, his head in his hands.

I tried walking over to him, trying to comfort him but Hermione came in between the pair of us and she looked just as hurt as Harry.

And then when i looked over at Ron, his face was the exact same- disappointed and hurt.

I needed to say something but where would i possibly start, how does someone apologise for such things?

I could see Hermione growing impatient of me thinking of what to say and i could see she had something on her mind as-well as she began to open her mouth.

"There's nothing that you could possibly say that would make up for the cruel things you've said today, maybe Harry has acted like a jerk in the past but this Alexis..it was just too far", Hermione shook her head in disappointment.

It hurt- what she said but it was true, my words were in fact cruel.

"The way it came out was cruel, yes but i had to tell the truth at some point- you even said so yourself, Hermione", I sighed deeply.

Before i knew it, Harry was up on his feet in a flash. His face had gone from hurt to almost angry.

"Really?! Hermione, you knew about this and you didn't even think to tell me", Harry stuttered as he held back his tears.

"Harry, i wanted to but i didn't think it was the right time, you know with everything that's going on- i just thought it should wait-

"You're meant to be my best friend, Hermione. I guess i really can't trust anybody-

"Don't, Harry. This isn't Hermione's fault, she was trying to be a good friend to both of us, so please don't blame her, i'm the only person who's to blame here", i interrupted.

He didn't even take me on, he didn't even look in my direction- he just quickly apologised to Hermione and that was it.

Until Ron spoke, i think we'd all forgotten that he was actually here.

"So, am i the only one who's intrigued to know who Alexis's parents are?", Ron questioned making me curse under my breath.

"Well done, Ronald. Well done, you thought this was tense enough before, now just you wait", Hermione sighed as she rolled her eyes.