𝐂𝐇𝐀𝐏𝐓𝐄𝐑 𝐅𝐈𝐅𝐓𝐘-𝐄𝐈𝐆𝐇𝐓

Alexis's Pov

I traced my bottom lip with my finger, It felt wet. I looked down and saw that blood masked my finger. Lip biting- awful habit, my first instinct when nervous was the bite or pick the skin from my lips until they bled and stung.

I was filled with nerves because In the last 10 minutes, not a single one of us thought of a semi-decent plan.

We were royally screwed.

So, we had no other choice but to head to the front of the castle and just wait for all hell to let loose.

We crept past The Great Hall- weary of running into the wrong people but Instead we saw pure tragedy.

Before us there were rows and rows of injured
students and teachers, crying out for help.

Even casualties.

I gulped loudly and It seems as though I wasn't the only one.

"What the bloody hell happened here...How did we miss all this?", Ron squeaked.

"Bellatrix and the others, that's what happened", Draco spat.

"This is only the beginning Isn't it", Hermione stressed.

"It's about to get a whole lot worse", Draco stated as he squeezed my hand.

"RON, RON!!", Mrs Weasley screeched as she ran towards him, throwing her arms around him.

"Mum, what's wrong?", Ron questioned.

"Your brother..Fred..He-

"Mum, I don't understand".

"There was an explosion outside the Room of Requirement and..

"Fred was there at the wrong time, wasn't he?", Hermione sobbed quietly.

Mrs Weasley burst into hysterics at the sound of Hermione's words.

Ron's legs barely carried him as he searched the hall for his older brother.

We all hurried after him, In seconds he'd dropped to his knees next to George and Mr Weasley, they were all distraught.

And there he lay, lifeless on the floor.

Fred was gone and George still lived, my heart broke as I realised this would be the first time that George has ever been without his twin brother.

"Oh my god", Hermione spoke softly. "Look!".

"Hermione, what are we looking at-

"Professor Lupin", Draco croaked.

"And Tonks", I whispered.

I thought my heart couldn't feel anymore hurt but here we are.

How could you not hurt when something so tragic lay in-front of you? 

Their faces were broken, tear stained, covered in dirt and blood but yet their hands remained in each other's.

"I know how much you adored Professor Lupin, I'm sorry Lexi", Draco sighed. "He was a nice, they both were".

"He didn't deserve this- neither of them did, they just had a child", I sobbed.

Draco didn't know how to comfort me properly but he tried as he pulled me into a warm embrace.

"Draco?".

"Yes, Love?".

"Do you think we're going to die as-well?".

"Alexis, please don't. I don't want to think about that, I can't think about you in their situation".

"But what if we do?".