𝐂𝐇𝐀𝐏𝐓𝐄𝐑 𝐓𝐖𝐄𝐍𝐓𝐘

I woke up with a smile on my face for the first time in a few months, i'd been looking forward to Slughorn's dinner party ever since i'd received the invitation. I'd bought the most beautiful dress, it was an emerald green colour, embossed in diamonds, it came just slightly above my knees and it cost a pretty penny.

I had everything i needed for the dinner party all except from a date, i was still yet to ask Malfoy. After getting out the shower i got dressed, putting on some pale blue jeans and the sweet pink blouse Malfoy had bought me. I grabbed my wand, shoved my spell book in my bag and went for the door.

🪄🪄🪄🪄🪄🪄

The tension between me and Malfoy was real, he wouldn't even look at me never mind start a conversation with me. I awkwardly stared at him, hoping he'd get annoyed and finally talk to me but he was too busy staring at the Vanishing cabinet.

"There was something i wanted to ask you", i said as i awkwardly bit my nails.

"I thought you came here to apologise but of course you just want something from me", he said as he ran his fingers through his hair.

It's quite clear that he still isn't over me hitting him, i guess i felt bad but he was just as awful to me and i don't think i really believe Blaise, why would i? he lies about everything else.

"I wanted to ask if you'd be my date to Slughorn's dinner party tonight?", i muttered.

As soon as the words left my mouth, i regretted it. He would only go and humiliate me by saying no, because why would Draco Malfoy want to be seen with me.

"What will happen if i say no, you going to thump me again", he laughed.

I wanted to laugh with him, but i could see behind  the humor there was stood a scared child trying to get out.

"Malfoy please don't, i already feel awful about it, i just wanted to make it up to you"

"I guess, i do owe you one"

He didn't sound to excited but his answer was better than a no, it was good enough for me. I was so pleased that he agreed to attend the party with me. I rushed over to him, attempting to give him a hug to say thanks but he stepped away, flinching slightly. I stopped in my tracks, slowly backing away from him.

"Shit, i'm sorry i didn't mean to make you feel uncomfortable", i sighed.

"So i'll pick you up at 7, well i'll walk you from your dorm to the party", he laughed slightly before giving me a weak smile.

As he walked away, i couldn't help but smile, i felt like i was finally getting him back.

🪄🪄🪄🪄🪄🪄

Looking in the mirror, for the first time in forever i wasn't repulsed by what i saw. My hair was curled nicely, my eyelids painted with a silver shadow, a touch of mascara and finished off with some lip gloss. The dress looked even more beautiful on, the silk felt so soft against my skin, it hugged all my curves. I'd been getting ready for hours, making sure i looked perfect. Never in my life have i been more bothered about my appearance, i guess there was someone i wanted to impress. I matched the dress with some cute emerald green heels and a small clutch.

There was a loud knock at the door, i internally screamed in excitement as i couldn't wait to see Draco. I finished off last minute touches before opening the door, my mouth dropped as i saw him, he was wearing a beautiful black suit, underneath was a white waistcoat. His hair was perfectly combed like always, as i walked out i saw a smile appear on his face, which soon faded as i caught him.