Chapter 1

"RUN y/n!!"

Y/N heard a familiar voice call out to her.

Before I knew it, a grenade landed a few feet away from me.

"SHIT"

*KABOOMMM!!!*

Y/n jumped off the building, free falling through the sky.

Y/n reached for her grapnel gun, making a sturdy grab onto the concrete wall, slinging her body into the window. "Damn" she thought.

~flashback~

Mamoru: "Make sure to finish the job, I've sent others and these idiots can't seem to get the job done. I'm depending on you, got it?"

 I'm depending on you, got it?"

*This is Mamoru Aikawa*

Y/n: "understood." she hung up. "That's his fault for sending amateurs to do the job . Whatever, I guess I've gotta clean up their mess."

Y/n: "so apparently these kids are one's closer to God, if Mamoru is so worried about them, I should probably tread carefully."

Y/n made her way across the rooftops of the buildings. Using her mask to guide her to the last location that these kids were at.

Y/n: "there they are. I count 1..2... I count 2, wait no, there's a third." Y/n felt no remorse for killing these 3 kids, after-all, the mask suppressed all of those emotions. She hid behind a the giant HVAC (air conditioning system) that was on top of the building that she was at, watching them, planning her next move. When she found an opening, she dashed across the bridge that lead to the inside of the building.

Y/n: "alright, theyre on the floor beneath me, it looks like they were making their way to the roof top."

Since y/n was one floor ahead of them, she had the advantage. Making her way to the top of the building as quietly as possible, she waited for them at the top, "I should probably call Yayoi for back up just in case."

*This is yayoi*

*This is yayoi*

Y/N: "We don't get along, but for my sake, I'll have her back me up...just in case."

Y/n called Yayoi, "I'm sending you my location, standby if I need you."

Yayoi: "When don't you need my help... I'm on my way."

"honestly, I have no reason to dislike her. The first memories I have when I woke up with this mask on, she was the one showing me the ropes, but when she saw that Mamoru was giving me special treatment, she suddenly hated me." y/n thought.

Y/N: "What's the point, we're all eventually going to die, so overthinking my relationship with her is pointless. I have important matters to attend to anyways."

"sounds like theyre coming," y/n whispered.

The door swung open, but nobody came out. It was too quiet. Y/n looked around and saw a little body running in the distance, stopping at another buildings roof top.

"FUCK!" y/n exclaimed as she made her way to the bridge that was in front of her. As she ran towards the bridge, y/n heard a shot. Before she could turn around, she felt a sharp pain on her thigh. Y/n laid on the ground and saw the two girls run across the bridge. Y/n lay there in pain, dragging herself across the rooftop, unable to get up. And then, she heard another shot. Missed. "HA! You missed loser!" y/n yelled out. But she spoke too soon. Y/n heard something metal hit the ground a roll around near her. When she turned, she saw it was grenade that was launched, not a gun shot.

Y/n heard Yayoi yell at her from a distance, "RUN y/n!"

"shit.." y/n said. There was no way she could run across the bridge, she wouldn't make it either the way. The explosion would end up damaging the bridge. With the little strength she had left in her leg, she managed to jump off of the building, using her grapnel gun, breaking into a window, a few stories below.

Y/n lay there injured, "I was quiet, how did they know I was expecting them?"

A few minutes later Yayoi showed up, "well it looks like a bunch of kids ruffled up your feathers, now didn't they." Y/n rolled her eyes, "just help me up will you."

As we made it back to our building, I was taken to the nursing room where they treated my leg. I heard voices outside. They mentioned a mask working with these kids. Yayoi walked in, "I'd hate to be in your shoes right now, Mamoru just got world of your pathetic failure and he's on his way...P.S., hes pissed."

"great, just what I needed right now," y/n thought.

A little while later, he showed up, "what happened?"

Y/n: "it looks like they knew of my plan."

Mamoru: "I'm assigning Yayoi this task."

Y/n: "NO! I can do it!"

Mamoru: "huh?"

Y/n: "I-I can do it. I'll make sure I finish this job."

Mamoru: "You had your shot, I need this resolved ASAP."

Y/N: "I figured out what happened. I'll fix it."

Mamoru stood up and walked towards the door, "fix it, and don't make me regret my decision."

"Truth is, I have no clue where to start, I should have just kept my mouth shut but my rivalry with Yayoi surfaced." Y/n thought as she changed into a new fresh set of clothes.

Y/n: "so there's a mask working with them, I'll start there."