Chapter 32

Y/n: "my grapnel gun!!"
Teammate: "what??"
Y/n: "stay here! I'm heading back and grabbing a rope from the stock room"
Y/n got on her bike and zoomed back. Full speed, barely able to catch her breath. "I better be careful otherwise I'll fall and it'll end here," she thought.

She zoomed past the rest of the group, who just stared at her.
Voices: "she's back?" "Why?" "Where's (random name)?" "I thought we were getting out of here.."
Y/n didn't bother paying attention to their comments and questions. She jumped off the bike not even turning it off, ran inside the building and into the stock room, "where are you..." she said looking for a long enough rope.
"Damn..." she said in frustration. "Fuck it, this electrical wire will have to do, I'll just let the big guy go last, I can't risk it ripping of he goes first.."
Y/n sprinted out of there, hopped back on the bike and headed to where she left the other guy.
"That was fast... how fast were you going???" He asked.
"That doesn't matter.." y/n answered.
"Tie this here, and make sure it's tight.." she said as she tied it to the rail.
"What are you doing with this wire, didn't you go for rope?" He asked her.
"I didn't find it, so this will have to do," y/n said struggling to make a tight knot. "But this isn't safe, it doesn't look sturdy enough," he asked in a worried tone. "Do you have any better ideas??!" Y/n said getting in his face, frustrated from running out of time. "It's this or die! Is that what you want?!"
"What do you mean...." he said. "They're shutting this place down, we don't have enough time! FUCK!" Y/n said as she started to sweat. "Fuck, I don't think we'll make it.." she thought.
Y/n: "stay here, I'll jump to the other side and tie the other end."
Y/n: "I hope my grapnel gun reaches the other end... this is the widest distance I've ever gone..." she thought biting her lip.
Dude: "is um, is everything okay?"
Y/n: "yeaaah..." she lied.
She shot the gun at the building, pulling her towards it. It barely gripped to the skyscraper. When y/n's body slammed against the side of the building, the grapnel guns claw came loose from barely having any grip. Y/n, thinking fast, lassoed the electrical wire barely grabbing the rail of the skyscraper, "phewww." She said in relief. The guy that was watching everything from the other building saw that the rope was slipping, "y/n!!!! It's coming undone!!" Y/n looked back, thinking he meant the first knot that they made. She saw that he pointed above her, making her look in that direction, "are you fucking kidding me... today is not my day.." she said clenching her jaw.
Mayu: "hey did you guys hear that?"
Yuuka turned to Mayu, not paying attention to anything other than the administrator.
Y/n: "GET ON THE BIKE AND BRING EVERYONE!!" She screamed at him. "We're running out of time.."
Yuuka and Rika: "that's y/n!"
Yuuka ran to where the voice came from, he noticed the wire slowly coming undone. He quickly pulled on the wire, pulling y/n up to safety. Y/n looked up, the sun right in her eyes. "That shadow..... YUUKA!!" She said in happiness.
Yuuka: "quick give me your hand!"
Y/n climbed to the side of the building, "your mask.. "
Yuuka: "I'm not under the masks control anymore..." he said smiling, as he caressed her cheek softly.
Y/n: "help me tie this, have one of the girls or Rika watch it while I help the others cross." She said as she took her jacket off.
Yuuka blushed, "your undershirt is.... see through.."
y/n: "I just had to choose this for today 🙃"
Y/n: "today isn't my day.."
Yuuka: "wait you're going back?"
Y/n: "yes, they'll need help crossing.."
Yuuka: "they can't cross on their own.."

Y/n: "I need someone who can grab onto the other side. Once it's my turn, I'll cross."
Yuuka: "RIKA!! pressure him!" He yelled out to him, watching over y/n.
When she slid back to the opposite building, the other teammate that she originally came with, arrived with another person, "if you can start climbing to the other side, start going, we won't have time to wait around for me to get back." She told them. She got on the bike and sped back to grab the others. Yuuka watching her disappear in the distance, "she can't atleast be safe... why does she have to go so fast.." he said shaking his head.
She quickly made it back.. everyone slowly exiting. "I'm the only mask, everyone can get out without a problem.." she thought as she grabbed the last person. "Seriously, all of the grown people went first leaving a kid behind.." she said as she looked at his face.
Y/n: "come on buddy, I'm going to need you to grab tight, okay?"
The little boy nodded, "fuck, I'm going to have to go slower with him, wait, where the big guy?!?!" She thought.
Yuuka looked at the big guy that was dangling from the wire, watching as it started to slowly rip.
Yuuka: "son of a bitch," "hurry the fuck up!"
The big dude watched as Yuuka yelled at him. "I'm the last one, so what?" He yelled back.
Yuuka: "no you're not, there's still 2 people left!!"
Big dude: "so? It's only 2 people.." he said in a selfish tone.
Yuuka: "how did you make it this long..." he thought to himself.
Yuuka pulled his rifle out and aimed at him, "I said hurry the fuck up."
The big dude got scared, making him squirm, causing the wire to rip at a faster rate.
Yuuka dropped his rifle and held onto the wire as tight as he could. The other side ended up ripping first, making him slam against the building, losing his grip and falling to his death.

Meanwhile the administrator watched as everyone ran out. The screen he was working on started flashing red. "What is that???" Rika asked, deepening the wound.
Administrator: "they're overwhelming the system!! It's on a countdown, everything will automatically reset."
Yuuka ran inside, "figure it out, get her mask off now!!"
Yuri fell to the floor, Mayu running to her, "Yuri!! Yuri!!!"
Rika: "what's happening to her?!?"
Administrator: "the system is collapsing so she's resetting as well, she won't be one closer to god anymore, it's all starting fresh."
Rika and Yuuka looked at each other, thinking the same thing.
They turned to the administrator. "OKAY OKAY!! Fine! The angels just need to be there when it all resets," he said as he pointed to where Yuuka was standing when he helped y/n up.
Yuuka looked at him confused.
Administrator: "why do you think you were able to step out? Once you put the mask on, making it terminate the control it had on your mind, you're not able to go into that world. That little ledge is a void between our world and that world. It circles all that world like a dome. But, if it resets and you're not standing in the void right in front of the exit, you either get erased, or you live but you can never get out. You'll end up in another dimension, alone."
Yuuka: "let's hope you're right." He said as he aimed his rifle at the administrator.
Administrator: "wait, I told you what you wanted to know!!"
Yuuka: "not fast enough." He said as he pulled the trigger.

Yuuka ran out watching for y/n. "It's starting.." he thought to himself as he watched the distance start to glitch.
Y/n looked back, "hun, I'm going to need to speed up a bit, grab on real tight okay?"
The little boy nodded, gripping onto her belly tight.
Y/n: "damn I said grab, not claw me.., whatever, he's grabbed on tight.." she thought to herself.
Yuuka saw her in the distance, waiting there for her, "shit, the wire.."
y/n saw that there was nothing tethering them. "fuck.."
Yuuka saw as y/n stopped and did a u turn, "what is she doing?"
She did another u turn, this time going the fastest the bike could go.
Y/n: "hold on to my neck!" She told the little boy. He did as she said, confused but he was nearly choking y/n.
Yuuka saw what she was doing, "she'll go down, not up! What the fuck is she going?!?"
Yuuka: "you won't make it!!!!"
Y/n thought to herself, "if I don't die out there because of the mask, I'll die here. Either way I won't make it, but it's worth a try, at least for this little dude..."
Y/n made the jump, holding onto the bike. The little boy wrapped his legs around her waist, y/n standing on the bikes' seat.
Y/n leaped, pulling her gun from her leg, shooting the grapnel gun above Yuuka's head.
Yuuka turned to look up, "smart girl.." he thought.
Y/n pulled up, coming to Yuuka's face, dropping the boy to run to safety.
Yuuka held y/n there.
Y/n: "let's go"
Yuuka: "this is supposed to be a void, once everything resets, you can leave.."
Y/n: "supposed? What if it's not?"
Yuuka: "then it's not..."
Y/n: "go, go then.. go inside where you're safe! I'll stay here."
Yuuka: "no... I'll wait here with you."
Y/n tried to push him inside.
Yuuka: "I let you decide for me when I got on that helicopter, now I'm deciding here. I'm not leaving you. If it does work, great, if it doesn't, I'll be with you. I'm not leaving you again. I told you that already."
Y/n looked up at him, turning to look at the glitch get closer.
She took her mask off and kissed him.
Y/n: "whatever happens, Yuuka, I-"
Yuuka: "I love you." He said cutting her off.