Chapter 26

Authors note~
Hey guys, so I've seen a few comments here and there that there's spoilers in my fanfic. I mentioned it in the first section to please have read the manga or watched the anime, so that I don't spoil it for anyone (the manga is more ahead than the anime). So I'll mention it again for those few people that didn't see it. Please read at your own risk. I will continue to insert bits and pieces from the story here. That is all. Thank you to everyone who's reading and commenting ❤️❤️❤️ I hope you guys are enjoying the fanfic ☺️🗿
••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••

Y/n ran to Yuuka, knowing he was out of it from seeing what had just happened. Ai reached for her hand stopping her from consoling him.
Ai snapped his fingers at Yuuka, "you get him back, but first.." he pointed in Rikas direction. Y/n saw as the masks held him down and put a mask on him. "He's all yours, for now. When he wakes up, he'll make his way to me.."
Yuuka was furious. He got up and ran to attack Ai.

Y/n: "Yuuka, No!!!"Ai pulled out a gun and shot him

Y/n: "Yuuka, No!!!"
Ai pulled out a gun and shot him. Only giving him a slight cut on the shoulder.
Y/n: "it's okay Yuuka.. I'll be alright, Ai let me just do something if I'm going to go with you... please..."
Ai looked at y/n, "tch, I mean you'll never see him again, so why not.."
Y/n ran up to Yuuka who was grabbing his arm, "Yuuka, you did what you could... I'll be fine. Take this, please," she said taking off her necklace. "I've held onto this little diamond on the end of the necklace, since I was a child, if he does anything to me, know that I will never forget you.." y/n said as she hugged him and gave him a deep kiss.
Yuuka: "wait, y/n, take this," he said handing her his lighter.
Y/n: "huh..."
Yuuka: "you know that I smoke a lot, keep it, as proof that I'll be back for you."
Y/n blushed. And put the lighter in her pocket so that Ai wouldn't see it.
Ai: "alright lovebirds, let's go. Get a good look sniper mask, she's mine now."
Yuuka: "as if... I'm going to take her back.."he thought to himself.

Sniper mask watched as he walked away with y/n

Sniper mask watched as he walked away with y/n. She kept looking back. Y/n didn't want to leave him, especially now when someone that he cared about was shot right in front of him.
Once y/n and Ai were out of sight, Yuuka fell to the ground. "What is this? Where am I?" He asked himself.
Kuon: "we're in your mind Mr Mask..."
Yuuka: "Kuon... aren't you..."
Kuon: "yes I am."
Yuuka: "so you're a ghost....?"
Kuon: "something like that.. listen. I don't have much time. I wanted to tell you that since I'm no longer able to use my powers as one closer to god, I wanted to pass them on to you."
Yuuka: "is that possible? Why?"
Kuon: "as an apology... for the way I acted out. I'm sorry for giving you so much trouble.."
Yuuka: "....."
Kuon: "I'm handing them over to you as we speak, so that maybe someday, you can get out of that world and continue to live your life.."
Yuuka: "Kuon, you know that I'll use this power to save y/n and Rika..."
Kuon: "..... but, she's with Mamoru now...."
Yuuka: "even dead, you're still the same person..." he said rubbing his temples.
Kuon: "I already started the process, I can't stop it now, so please, promise me you won't see her anymore."
Yuuka: "you know that I won't keep that promise..."
Kuon: "then..." she was grasping at straws now, "there's a way I could stay alive....."
Yuuka: "what do you mean?"
Kuon: "if you give me permission, I can't live in your mind and whenever you'd like, you can see me and talk to me. We can.... hang out..."
Yuuka: "Kuon,"
Kuon: "please mr mask, we can finally be together like this..."
Yuuka: "good bye Kuon..."
Kuon started to fade away as he neglected the permission she was asking for.
Kuon: "wait no,.... please..."
Yuuka: "this isn't healthy. More so, I don't want you in my mind. I want privacy Kuon. This is too weird."
Yuuka was referring to his privacy as for when he'd be with y/n, "I can't have Kuon inside my mind while I'm fucking y/n. Even then, if I want to be alone, I don't want Kuon there. She means nothing to me..." he thought to himself.

Yuuka: "good bye Kuon.."
Kuon disappeared from his mind. Once he became one closer to God, his masked self that was controlling his mind was terminated. He woke up to the girls surrounding him.
Ein (mask): "are you okay?"

Yuuka: "I am. I just need to test something out."
Yuuka asked his mask a question, seeing if it would answer him.
The mask answered him, "damn it didn't work then," Yuuka thought.
Mask: "welcome, you are now one closer to God. Powers obtained by Kuon transferring her knowledge to you. Come to me with any questions you have."
Yuuka: "is the mask still controlling my mind?"
Mask: "you're mask has been terminated."
Yuuka: "hm.."