Chapter 7

Yu watched as y/n crashed into a window and sprinted across the hallway, up the stairs towards Kuon. From a distance he saw Mayuko and Yuri getting closer.
"I can't let them see each other. I leterally set them up for y/n to take them all out. Dammit" he said to himself. He ran across the bridge to where y/n was at. Catching up to her, he held her back, "wait, there's more, I thought I saw a mask heading their way."
Y/n: "we can take them."
Yu: "I think it's best if we wait."
Y/n turned to look at Yu in confusion, "huh?"
Yu was trying to stall, giving the girls enough time to get away."
Yu: "let me go first, you're a hands on combat fighter, and I'm more of a distance fighter."
Y/n: "okay"
Yu peeked out, the girls had arrived. He signaled them to stay quiet and leave the opposite direction. When they turned the corner, he signaled y/n to come out. Y/n didn't see them anymore. She ran down the hallways, checking the rooms. Nothing.
Y/n: "FUCK!!"
She was mad. "I was so close..."
Yu felt guilty. He knew it was his fault. But he couldn't let them die either.
"I can't keep lying to her," he thought.
Y/n: "hey, I really appreciate your help, I'm really sorry I wasted your time."
Yu: "hey it's not your fault. Just let me know immediately if you see them again."
"Don't try to take them down alone. You might end up getting hurt."
Y/n listened to him, his voice calming her.
Y/n's phone rang, "hello?"
She already knew it was Mamoru that was ringing her.
"Y/n, dear, where are you?" He asked. He was already annoyed.
"Sorry, I ran into some things I'm almost there," y/n explained to him.
"Great, see you in a bit." He said hanging up.
Yu: "go ahead, I don't want you getting into trouble."
Y/n took off in a sprint. Yu went back to meet with the girls. He was angry that Kuon was being reckless. When he arrived, he didn't see her there. She was usually waiting for him, but not this time. She was hiding. Kuon knew she had fucked up.
Yuri and mayu looked up in his direction, "be easy on her."
Yu ignored what they said. He walked into her room but didn't see her there. "Of course she's in my room," he thought.
He stood in front of the door taking a deep breath, calming himself. He opened the door and there was Kuon.
He stood in the door way just glaring at her. "You're back Mr Mask." She said smiling at him innocently.
"Why are you acting like this?" He said, rubbing his temples. "There was another mask nearby, they almost killed you. Do you care that little about yourself?" "Let me fix that question, do you not care about the girls? Because you clearly don't care about yourself, so what about them? Hm? They went after you and risked their lives for you. What is wrong with you. Stop being so self centered."
Kuons face was blank. She didn't expect him to say all of that to her. She started to answer but he cut her off. "You know what, don't even answer any of that. I don't want to listen to anything you have to say." He walked out. The air was dead silent. Nobody made a noise. The girls couldn't hear a word he said because of how calm and quiet he was. As he walked out, he tossed his phone to Mayuko. Kuon was right behind him, watching him give his phone to the girls. She knew she wouldn't hear from him after that. Yuri stood up and chased after him. Kuon right behind her. Mayuko cut her off, "Kuon, you've done enough. Let Yuri fix this."
Kuon still didn't see what she did wrong.
Yuri: "hey wait up. My legs are too short compared to yours"
He stopped and turned to face her, lighting a cigarette in the process. "You have every right to be mad and to want to leave. We're not stopping you, we appreciate all the help you've gave us. But please, take this." She said handing him his phone back. "In case of emergency and if you ever need us." "Please don't make any rash decisions right now that you're upset, take some time for yourself and think it through. If you decide to leave, you know we're here if you need anything."
Yu took the phone from her hand and said, "I need space from this girl. She's going to drive me nuts. Keep me updated with what's going on and let me know if you need help. But make her believe that I left. She needs to grow up and if this is the only way, so be it."
Yuri: "alright, that sounds like a good plan. Again, I'm sorry for the trouble she's caused you and made you feel. I'm also sorry because I know that 3 high schoolers, well, were not that easy to deal with. So I apologize for that as well."
Yu walked away pausing in his tracks, "oh and keep an eye on Kuon. Who knows what other stupid decisions she might make." He continued to walk off.
Yuri walked back to the room they were at, "alright it's time for my ultimate weapon, acting," she said with a smirk on her face. She opened the door and there was Kuon. She moved aside to let Yuri walk by but didn't see Mr mask walk in after her. Yuri: "oh, he's not coming back Kuon." She said winking at Mayuko to play along.
Mayu caught in quick, "damn, that bad huh? Poor guy. Just when I was starting to like him."
Kuon ran out, Mayu chasing after her, "just leave him alone, if you want him to come back, you need to start treating him with respect. Like a person, he's not your toy."
Kuon pouted. She sat in his room, "I know he'll be back. He cares about me. And one day, we're going to get married."