Chapter 3

Sniper mask was on the same building, waiting for y/n for lunch. He kept looking at his watch as the minutes went by.

Sniper mask: "She's late."

He knew that they never agreed on meeting there everyday, but since it became a routine for them, he was expecting her. Y/n never showed.

Sniper mask: "I wonder where she is." he said as he lit a cigarette.

The sun was setting and he decided to make his way back to their rendezvous point

The sun was setting and he decided to make his way back to their rendezvous point. As he was leaving, he saw two people fighting in a distance. He aimed his rifle toward the people, looking through his scope to get a better look.

 He aimed his rifle toward the people, looking through his scope to get a better look

"That's Y/N!!"

Y/n was fighting against a much bigger opponent. Y/n was a good fighter, she knew what she was doing, but this guy was huge, and she was getting her ass beat.

y/n: "yayoi sent you didnt she?!"

The masked man couldn't talk. he just kept fighting y/n. Y/n was on the ground. The masked man picked her up by her neck, grabbing his crowbar getting ready to swing it towards y/n's head. Y/n struggled to get away. She heard a shot, and the masked man fell back. Y/n got up and smashed his head with his crowbar. She looked in the direction the shot came from and saw a tall figure waving his hand.

Y/N: "wow, that's embarrassing, he watched me get my ass beat." she laughed scratching her head. Y/n waved back at Sniper mask. She saw him walking towards her, so she met him halfways.

Sniper mask: "Are you alright?"

Y/n shyly said, "y-yeah. thank you for the help. I thought I had it under control."

Sniper mask: "That guy was 3 times your size."

Y/n looked at the ground blushing.

Sniper mask held her face to look up to him, "hey if you need help, just call out to me, I have good hearing, I'll runover to you if I'm nearby."

"no need to feel ashamed if you need a hand."

Y/N: "thank you.... I owe you big time."

Sniper mask: "no sweat." he said as he walked away.

Y/n called out to him, "hey, sorry about today, as you could see, I wasn't able to make it today."

Sniper mask: "no need to apologize."

Y/n: "let me make it up to you with dinner. It's the least I could do after you just saved me."

Sniper mask: "Sure."

Kuon: "Hey guys, shouldn't Mr. Mask be back by now?"

Yuri: "He probably went out for a walk to get some air, I'm sure he's fine Kuon."

Sniper mask: "this is a clean place you have."

Y/n: "Thank you, I have no attachment to anything in this world, except for my helmet, so it's pointless decorating."

"Shit, I said too much." y/n thought.

Sniper mask changed the conversation, pretending he didn't hear that. He wanted to confirm his suspicions of y/n having some of her memories back.

They had dinner, and sat on her balcony to have a few drinks. Sniper mask tried to get her tipsy, so that she'd open up. He succeeded.

Sniper mask: "So about the helmet, why's it so special to you?"

Y/n: "Well I had a motorcycle that I loved. And that helmet is all I have left of it. It's the only memory I have of my past life."

Sniper mask: "So you remember something?"

Y/n: "oops....."

Sniper mask: "you can trust me."

Y/N: "I chipped my mask a bit, and lately I've been having weird thoughts and memories."

Sniper mask: "how'd you crack your mask?"

Y/N: "it's funny, I was hunting these kids that and I got caught, I fell and hit my head."

Sniper mask: "You got caught?"

Y/n: "Yeah, apparantly some idiot mask is helping them. But I'm getting close."

Sniper mask: "how close?"

Y/N: "thats a secret."

Sniper mask: "You know, with my skills, I can be of good use."

Y/n: "sorry, I work alone."

Sniper mask: "ooohhhh, you dont trust me.."

Y/n was drunk at this point. Sniper mask had her in the palm of his hand.

Y/n: "I figured out their hideout."

Sniper mask choked on his drink, "You what?!"

Y/n: "I figured it out today. But I haven't made my move because I'm waiting to see who the masked person is. Theyre the first person I'm taking out."

Sniper mask couldn't let her get her hands on the girls. Otherwise, there goes his plan of figuring out who he is and saving the world. He had to figure something out fast.

Sniper mask: "I can kill her right now and end this all." he thought.